Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Because it was a scarcely believable and farcical debacle that tried to discredit the use of antigen tests in general by using daft gimmicks and bad faith arguments.

12 Likes

Yep.

Have they upped the ante with Track & Tracing since word of Delta arose?

hmmm, i can see where the issues arise

1 Like

sure track and trace went out the window in march, and even when it was functioning, it wasnt that effective

1 Like

The main argument against them is they aren’t as accurate. The argument for them is that you can carry out 500k tests a day- if you have the state capacity to do so, like the Danes.

If a trained person is carrying them out the butter/cream/ice cream/Tayto residue/bag of chips/pizza/beer issue doesn’t come into things. But it might if Paddy is fumbling about trying to carry out a test on himself.

Is he a complete dullard or is he just seeing what he can get away with?

a good mix of columns A and B

Well done to my good friend @Tierneevin1979 who called this.

Lock down bed wetters are flagellating at the thought of doors being welded

1 Like

Whoops, that’s just invalidated all of the posts from @Cheasty in the past 24 hours
:mask:

1 Like

I’m not sure why you’re so fixated on Denmark. I think you’re the one who introduced Denmark to the conversation and said we can’t do what they do. Eh, ok.

They use antigen tests widely. Antigen tests are useful. Tony Holohan is wrong.

Other countries use self tests widely, self testing in lots of situations is useful. On this point, you are wrong.

Finally, you should note that Denmark allowed access to hospitality for people with one dose of vaccine, or a free antigen or PCR test from a centre where they were widely and easily available.

2 Likes

You can be guaranteed they didn’t account for antigen testing either.

Ah, another one of the “self testing” brigade.

You point to Denmark and then tell us “we’re not Denmark, we’ll do it our way”. :grinning:

Wrong and wrong.

Antigen testing is core to the Danish model.

You’re going dumb and dumber.

Why do you keep telling me that I point to Denmark? You’re the one that continually points to Denmark despite not having a clue what it is they do, and how.

From what :grinning:

This is literally exactly what you do!

Yerrahs putting their hands in our pockets?