Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

I would say most people here donā€™t get > 3 months annual leave during the year though. If Iā€™ve got this right you are cribbing about getting 650 quid a week into you paw (as well as topping up a big pension) as you are on holidays for 10 weeks straight.

The entitlement of teachers really is on a different playing field.

Give it a break.

1 Like

Why give it a break?

His arrogance and entitlement should be called out at every opportunity if he is going to continue to play the poor mouth. He was caught out before by being very misleading.

ā‚¬650 quid after tax a week is actually a very well paid job, particularly when you consider itā€™s a part time job, has massive pensions entitlements, job security and low working hours.

Heā€™s the person here who moans the most about his job but you wonā€™t find him looking to move because heā€™s disingenuous.

1 Like

A broke record. Are you happy now BIAT, heā€™s off for the day.

That sort of comment isnt helpful, try show a bit of human kindness.

Nasty post.

Letā€™s break it down again.

Weā€™ll say the avg full time private sector worker will do weā€™ll say 38 hours a week for 47 weeks of the year (5 weeks being 25 annual leave days). Thatā€™s 1,786 hours a year.

Weā€™ll be very generous to teachers here, weā€™ll say they do 33 hours a week (itā€™s less) for 36 weeks of the year and teachers arenā€™t unique in having to put in extra unpaid hours, most private works will either do this routinely or at some point, will do it to a greater degree than teachers do. Thatā€™s 1,188 hours a year.

Now weā€™ll pick a lower mid range on the teaching scale - ā‚¬45k a year. That roughly works out at ā‚¬38 quid an hour. This salary will rise to around ā‚¬70k at some point. So that then becomes ā‚¬59 per hour.

For a private sector worker to be earning the same pro rata as a teacher on the lower mid scale salary they would need to be earning ā‚¬68k a year - probably without massive pension entitlements and no job security and almost certainly more pressured targets, deadlines and performance appraisals. When you take the guaranteed increments, the avg private sector worker will need to rise to about ā‚¬105k per annum at some point in their career to get pro rata parity with a teacher.

So @backinatracksuit really needs to ditch the disingenuous poormouthing if he does not want to be scrutinised.

:man_facepalming:

Yes.

As long as disingenuous poormouthing @backinatracksuit actively puts himself under scrutiny I will call out his lies and propaganda.

Whatā€™s that now?

Guy on here giving out about teachers while he doesā€™nt do a stroke in the family business.

Do teachers earn 70k a year?

Gas when you hear a teacher poor mouthing in reality.

Weā€™re off topic here lads

1 Like

In three decade they will. What will 70k be worth then.

1 Like

I get annoyed when people belittle teachers. Itā€™s a very difficult job and very important to society. But you do not get very little pay. You get well paid. If @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy thinks teaching is piss easy and a scam then he should have a go. If you think teaching is paid too poorly and you work too hard then go do something else.

2 Likes

So they donā€™t increase public sector salaries in relation to inflation?

You could have fooled me.

A dog with a mallet up his arse could fool you.

2 Likes

Iā€™m only commenting in reaction to teachers trying to strike, hold the tax payer to ransom, conclude that they are the only profession who have to work hard, have to deal with work pressures and stresses or work unpaid hours - a lot of jobs across all industries will require this from time to time. Not many jobs that I can think of will allow you 1/3 or 1/4 of the year off on full pay with guaranteed job security, guaranteed pay increases and a big pension pot at the end.

Thatā€™s my point on teaching. If they got on with their jobs, it would be something but itā€™s constant poormouthing and threatening strikes that is my issue with them.

Maybe you should try putting a mallet up your hole some time as Iā€™m very wise to your bullshit.

1 Like

A couple of responses, number 1, I love my job, I donā€™t want to do anything else, I might even do it for free, Iā€™m not giving out about the pay, just pointing out that I donā€™t think many on this forum earn less than me, would you dispute that? If you had to guess, how many people here take home less than 650 a week? Iā€™d say itā€™s less than 10%.
This isnā€™t about teachers, itā€™s about me, Iā€™ll never earn 70k, Iā€™ll never collect a big pension, I made that decision and Iā€™m very happy with it, but at the end of the day Iā€™m a 46 year old highly qualified and educated man bringing home 650 a week which will rise slowly year on year till I retire, even then I wonā€™t be bragging about it

11 Likes