Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

There is a dedicated teacher bashing tread here. I agree stay in lane. I havenā€™t heard all these points before

As someone once said, ā€œIf the pandemic has taught me anything itā€™s that a bit of egging on from online extremists and headbangers in general can shift previously normality people into raving lunatics.ā€ @backinatracksuit is the latest.

4 Likes

Not with that attitude you wonā€™t.

Iā€™m not being fully serious there BTW. Iā€™m from a factory of teachers.

2 Likes

You must be planning on taking early retirement so.

You can reach the top of your scale in 25 years.

Congratulations, you got the reaction you wanted and gave a lovely boost to at least one poster who thrives on that kind of thing.
I hope that you wonā€™t be hypocritical now in commenting on things which donā€™t affect you directly.
Good luck

Would you mind re-reading that in relation to your comments on Treyvaud? When people start showing a bit of empathy towards how others are impacted by ongoing lockdown measures, then maybe others will stop calling them out.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a lot of money, especially if youā€™re raising a family. Is your wife a high earner? Did you marry a GP or something.

Acting the bully then playing the victim is what he did.

1 Like

Bullshit likebait,
Treyvaud acted the eejit and went looking for a reaction, heā€™s gotten progressively more attention seekingly odd as itā€™s gone on, heā€™ll get his business back.
Empathy is a handy card to draw on admittedly, impossible to counter, I donā€™t see much empathy displayed here to people on the opposite side of the argument.

You clearly are giving out about the pay.

2 Likes
1 Like

Christ above

2 Likes

Sorry mate, I know it might appear to be the case but I donā€™t think it is. Thereā€™s a bit of nuance.
I suppose I was responding to a message which stated that I (BIATS) am being very well paid by the government.
Iā€™m a 46 year old man, I have been a permanent teacher for about 5 years, not exactly certain when I got the contract, if I had gone into teaching in my early 20s Iā€™d probably be getting well paid by now, I donā€™t regret any decision I made, Iā€™m quite happy with my wage, but I donā€™t consider 650 a week to be ā€˜very well paidā€™ for the job I do and my stage in life, but again Iā€™d change nothing.
I suspect youā€™re earning a lot more than that, as I said I suspect 90% of posters here do, when this is all over I suspect Paul Treyvaud will go back to earning multiples of that every week,
I believe Iā€™ve almost always shown empathy on this forum, I think thereā€™s a few cheap shots being thrown by people with scores to settle, and Iā€™m not sure why @ironmoth took such exception to that post in the context of what flies as acceptable comment about others

Sorry, in brief, Iā€™m very happy with my wage, Iā€™m not typical of teachers my age,
Weā€™ve been over this many times before :grinning:

2 Likes

They really are going to go down the route of segregation.

1 Like

Donā€™t ye have a health portal where you can log in and download your cert in pdf form? Or alternatively have a digital version on your mobile app? I thought Eastern Europe was fierce backward.

The portal is there, with all your vaccination record on it.
I really donā€™t understand how they canā€™t leverage that to provide a QR or other scannable code.

1 Like

Have a think about that ā€¦In 30 years it wonā€™t be 70k at last point of scale ā€¦

I have great admiration for teachers and what they do ,I certainly wouldnā€™t do it ā€¦Iā€™ve no doubt @backinatracksuit is a very committed teacher but I donā€™t think heā€™s right about the constant reference to poor pay

You will earn 70k when you turn 66 so unless you plan on taking early retirement. Thatā€™s another lie you have spun.

@ironmoth

Sure that fella has had pops off everyone on this forum. I wouldnā€™t let it get to you.

1 Like

Ok to be honest I donā€™t understand why people are constantly misrepresenting what he has said. He hasnā€™t complained about pay or said it was poor pay, heā€™s just said he isnā€™t well paid.

Youā€™d want to be purposely thick not to see the obvious difference.