Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

apart from the obvious falsehoods of your post, x does not necessarily equal y.

there were several professions in the private sector that were untouched after the recession.

there were graduated cuts of between 5% and 15% of civil service salaries. allied to that there was also the pension levy, in essence, a paycut and then there was increased hours and the non replacement of workers who left, again an increase of workloads.

Which professions?

How many full time public sector workers were made redundant during the recession?

I was hoping to let this discussion slide into obscurity, rather than reply and prompt another 20 posts. I think it’s clear he wasn’t whingeing about pay and he clarified it for you himself. Some will only read what they want to read though. 70k may well go up in three decades, quite likely it will, it may well also see a period of austerity again as happened recently enough, who knows.

How many times have you referenced a Deliveroo driver today then?

Lovely post …Not all forklift drivers wear capes…

2 Likes

youd think it would be better to make people redundant just because others are? how very william martin murphy of you

1 Like

It’s clear he holds Deliveroo drivers with contempt and looks down on them. He comes across as Le Pen supporter. He let the mask slip badly.

1 Like

You’ve answered a question with a question.

Want to give it a go with an answer now?

You are against teachers simply because they are teachers. You are in fact against pretty much anyone in the public sector simply because they are in the public sector.

Nothing to do with being a forklift driver.

Id take one single Deliveroo driver over a thousand Ballyhale pen pals in the trenches.

2 Likes

Would you now.

Clever clever you.

I’m against the poormouthing and posturing by teachers. This whole discussion started with a teacher claiming he was poorly paid because he earned €650 per week net and is on holidays for a couple of months now.

We could all do that but I wouldn’t want to degrade my profession by moaning and playing the violin for forklift drivers.

It’s a shame when certain posters don’t have the ability to express their thoughts without insulting other posters

3 Likes

the answer, as you know, is none.

however, do you think that adding more people to the live register and also paying them a lump sum is advisable going into a recession or do you try and keep some form of economy going?

1 Like

This lad…

Basically, this lad and his matey mates are all neurotics, riddled with insecurities about what they chose to do.

E-men’s shed indeed.

They’ll drag this out for as long as possible. Delay, delay, delay.

Martin would follow Holohan and NPHET over a cliff if they advised it. I’d be surprised if pubs and restaurants opened before September.

They’ll do everything possible to delay it. When there’s an inevitable rise in cases in the UK they’ll point to that as reason enough not to open.

1 Like

Must be an autopilot forklift because you sure aint driving it.

this will end up in the courts long before September

Oh I have the ability. A perk, so to speak, of genetic luck.

Right so, it’s disingenuous to say the public sector were the ones badly hit during the recession when they were the ones best looked after.

Many people were laid off, took huge paycuts, reduced hours, had to emigrate to find work in the private sector.

Public sector workers might have lost a couple of grand in their take home pay at worst, they still had their job security, they still had their pensions, they still had their guaranteed pay rises. I thought @farmerinthecity’s comment was pretty idiotic in the grand scheme of things.