Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

tenor (63)

This is actually too easy mike…I’m nearly embarrassed for you lads with your hall passes.

2 Likes

1 Like

UK case numbers starting to plummet

No, it is not. And stop using silly childish emotive language about teenage girls. If you have a decent argument, make it.

I explained the criterion of ‘fairness’. It is irrefutable.

Your position, basically, is that no restrictions of any kind should ever have been introduced and that the deaths of vulnerable people, most especially of the elderly, was an acceptable side product of this ‘freedom’ and its supposed economic benefits. You cannot make a coherent argument in this vein but it is what you believe.

Besides, even if legal restrictions had not come into play, there is every reason to think many people – probably a substantial majority of people – would voluntarily have modified their behaviour, with attendant economic knock on effects. People of your perspective have given no thought to the complexities of employment law in this regard. Do employers risk being sued if they compel employees to accept risk? A rather more nuanced response than impatience is required.

More broadly, the idea that the life of a 77yo woman is less valuable than the life of a 17yo girl is utterly repugnant. So rhetoric about children and child abuse cuts no ice with me.

You would have done nothing and smiled. Meanwhile people all around the world got on, and are getting on, with trying, imperfectly, to deal with this crisis.

Really? Dis I not give you a lengthy and considered response?

Right children. We’re allowing you to go out. But take your medicine, carry your pass at all times and if you stand up in the bar be sure to put on your mask.

AND BE HOME BY 11.30

1 Like

Great to see you back and making the most sense in the thousands of posts in your absence. Hope you are well mate

1 Like

You got the vaccine so u could head to Magaluf.

He made far more sense while he was gone.

… have done nothing…

No, you did not. You would be as well to admit you have no solution to offer, unless carnage can be considered a solution.

Look, I do not understand your position. You are not a fool and you are not unpleasant. But so be it.

And the reality is that you are piggy backing off people who are getting vaccinated. If everyone took your view, there would be societal breakdown. And you know no more than anyone else, and perhaps less, if you are credulous about the likes of Ivor Cummins. And the ivermectin stuff has now been exposed for what it was always likely to be, a stab at a simple short cut when faced with a complex labyrinthine journey.

But I wish you and yours well over the coming while.

4 Likes

Take that down you bastard, it is way too positive

1 Like

Lots of stupid on display, especially from those throwing around accusations of stupid.

There were two arguments for getting vaccinated, you reduce your personal risk of getting serious disease or dying, and you help the community towards herd immunity, reducing the opportunity for the virus to spread. The second argument is essentially now dead, as it is obvious that the vaccinated can both get infected and infect others. The latest data out of Israel has efficacy at stopping infection from the Delta variant at 40%, and at less than 20% for those who were vaccinated back in January. Immunity gained from vaccination is wearing off over time. Breakthrough infections are routinely happening, even though thankfully the rate of hospitalization and death is much lower, except for those with very compromised immune systems for whom the vaccine will not work. The most vulnerable are still the most vulnerable with or without vaccination.

That’s the long and the short of it. If you go into a bar you are at risk of getting infected by a vaccinated person or an unvaccinated person, the safest people to encounter are those who have had Covid and have recovered as it’s becoming clear their immunity is stronger and longer lasting, so they are less likely to be shedding virus and reinfections are very rare.

Bullet point: Stop using phrases like “vaccination is only effective when it reaches a certain percentage of the population”, as this is at odds with the facts. Get vaccinated to protect yourself, that’s the only thing you have control over.

10 Likes

Well there was this for a start…

There’s no justification for continuing with lockdowns. There’s no evidence they work and some that shows they’re counter productive in terms of tackling the virus while being catastrophic in terms of health, the economy etc.
The government should protect old people’s homes, encourage private companies to let vulnerable adults work from home wherever possible, tell people to isolate if their symptoms coincide with a positive test and issue public health advice regarding vitamin d, c, magnesium and zinc. And kids should definitely be in school, and anyone promoting or supporting masking kids should probably be in jail.

3 Likes

Vaccination as regards ending Covid as a threat to the public heath situation ASAP can only have a chance of being effective if the take up is very high.

Its potentially the thin side of a very big wedge

2 Likes

Take the tin foil hat off…

Anyway, if it keeps right wing nut jobs away from mainstream society I’m all in.

2 Likes

What do you think is going to happen?