Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Ok. Indoor hospitality ā€¦ Got ya! :+1:

Excluded from going to work if you work in google and any other workplace that will follow suit. Excluded from colleges and schools soon too Iā€™d say. Probably creches as well. Excluded from attending sporting events if @glasagusban gets his way soon too. But no thereā€™s no coercion there at all.

1 Like

Going for pints or a restaurant arenā€™t exactly excluding people from societyā€¦ what part of indoor hospitality is a necessity ? Shur weā€™ve been alienating people from enjoy certain aspects of life for years through socioeconomic policiesā€¦ Didnā€™t seem to bother any of you lot then.

3 Likes

Going for pints or a meal isnā€™t part of Irish society? Thatā€™s news to me.

Honestly, would this pregnant lady like to go to all those indoor or risky environments with no safety limitations in place? Because that would seem stupid given the risk of covid to her unborn child, which is high.

In light of that, exactly what hypocrisy are you trying to point out?

Do you think itā€™s right? I personally got the vaccine and believe itā€™s safe. I also think itā€™s the right thing to do. But Pfizer have told us things were safe before, when they werenā€™t. Our CMO has assured us previous vaccines were safe, when they werenā€™t.

I think itā€™s reasonable that people, especially people are are very unlikely to have complications from COVID or have already had it and recovered, might be wary about taking it. I donā€™t think they should be excluded from a large aspect of society because of that

1 Like

Itā€™s not essential to anyoneā€™s lifeā€¦ FFSā€¦ A two tier society because people canā€™t gorge themselves on pints :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Look mate Horseyā€™s pregnant woman would be working at Google and then going to the match in Croke park and then going for a few pints if it werenā€™t for the likes of me stopping her.

I get it now.

How wrong I was.

So you want to stop this pregnant woman from going for pints as well do you? You bastard.

You are an awful gobshite. And a right dose, I imagine, in real life.

On balance, it is acceptable that so called ā€˜vaccine passportsā€™ now exist, same as you need to have proof you got an anti malaria shot if you want to visit certain countries. What is the difference? Am I being ā€˜excludedā€™ by Indonesia if I refuse to get an anti malaria shot?

Grow up, cop on and live with it. The world cannot stand still because of cranks like you.

1 Like

"Youā€™re stupid to suggest vaccine passports will be introduced, an absolute fool.

I canā€™t believe they are introducing vaccine passports this is outrageous.

Hang on a second this doesnā€™t adversely affect me.

Youā€™re stupid to have a problem with vaccine passports would your pregnant friend not lock herself away for 9 months."

I give you the Irish far left ladies and gentlemen.

10 Likes

They are drinking and smoking for 2 ffs. Aparthide state

I agree with you even though horsey says I donā€™t. I find it acceptable as a temporary measure when the real risk was there of Delta fucking shit up. I think there should have been a testing element and that would have made it less unfair. I hope weā€™ll work our way out of it in time, but maybe Iā€™ll be wrong and itā€™ll be here to stay. I donā€™t think so but Iā€™ve been wrong on this before when circumstances changed suddenly.

1 Like

It isnā€™t high, as far as we know the virus does not cross the placenta barrier. It is however a good idea for pregnant women to get vaccinated as they are at higher risk to serious illness from Covid, and antibodies cross the placenta barrier so they would pass on some immunity to their baby.

1 Like

Thatā€™s all well and good but the government and health officials have to act responsibly and carryout a certain amount of risk avoidanceā€¦ These unvaccinated may well be fine in an indoor environment, but why even take the risk? If they get seriously sick then their choice not to be vaccinated impacts the rest of society ā€¦ maybe the government are being overly cautious, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s a bad approach either so near the end. Most of Europe are bringing in passportsā€¦ not every health organisation can be totally wrongā€¦ The people who donā€™t want the vaccine will just have to hold tough a little longer. Weā€™re nearly there.

1 Like

Yeah because wanting to go for a coffee or a meal with friends is the same thing as wanting to go to Indonesia.

2 Likes

Declan Ganley and John McGuirk are probably heroes of yours, are they?

The far leftā€¦ What next? Muslims should only be allowed work in an Indian restaurant?

I do.

What the fuck are you gibbering on about. Thereā€™s only one of us who has supported racist policies in this country and itā€™s not me.

1 Like

Careful now or heā€™ll send out his network of spies to track you down.