Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Circumstances changed drastically mate, I still donā€™t agree with the system, as Iā€™ve said numerous times. But itā€™s now in and has been accepted/swallowed.

I see a huge difference between July and end August too. By AI final time almost everyone has had the chance to be fully vaccinated if they want to be. That takes most of the unfairness out of it.

I can see no reason not to extend it to itā€™s natural conclusion, but for some reason we still maintain restrictions on outdoor events.

Weā€™ve nearly everyone vaccinated, and you canā€™t get safer than outdoors.

If not now, when?

Funnily enough there is a news item on BBC news about it right now. The NHS is encouraging pregnant women to get the vaccine because thousands of pregnant women are not getting it in the UK.

I know you are one of these lads who thinks being right wing makes him intelligent ā€“ when the exact opposite is the case ā€“ but you might have a little think about the issue before being so confident about it.

Cranks like you are not being allowed to keep Irish society in stasis, economically and socially, and rightly so. You were perfectly happy, according to your posts here, to see Covid-19 make its way through society with whatever collateral damage ā€“ in the name of your ā€˜freedomā€™ and ā€˜libertyā€™. Now you are mewling about some pregnant friend who could not get an indoor meal. Now you are up in arms about the ā€˜riskā€™ involved in a vaccine. Where was your concern with ā€˜riskā€™ when the risks involved would have meant many people needlessly dying? Any answer?

You are a clown and a hypocrite ā€“ and should be barred from every pub in Ireland, to increase general levels of enjoyment.

Serious question, did she actually want to go for a meal indoors?

How long do you think we should persist with the passports?

Iā€™ve already said I think there should be full attendance at the all Ireland final. I just donā€™t think we should be extending the exlusion of people to more areas of life, thatā€™s the difference between us.

Iā€™d be fine with them now if they had a testing element to pass. Thereā€™s no unfairness then.

Since weā€™ve accepted them, I suppose you keep them in place until we reach whatever the acceptable level of herd immunity is, 80% vaccinated/recovered or whatever.

Youā€™ve been on here calling for black people to be enslaved again and that you shoot dogs and cats in your spare time so what does that make you?

Delta changed nothing, this is just public health bods globally trying to mandate vaccines by the back door. They made some sense when Denmark introduced them in order to try and open up the economy earlier.

In fairness though, it could be worse, the clowns in the CDC have made a huge mistake in their recent communications on masks.

Yes weirdly enough.

Do you object to a pregnant person getting a pass on the Covid cert? The U.K. are giving a pass to vegans because that is the ā€œrightā€ sort of position to take, sure you agree with some dispensations here?

As ever horsey mate we have more that unites us than divides us. Iā€™d be in favour of full stadiums by end August, simple as. But I accept that wonā€™t happen in Ireland.

But at end August practically everyone has the chance to have had a vaccine. The unfairness is much lessened. I think having full stadiums on the same basis as indoor hospitality currently works is an imperfect solution, but far better than only 40k.

I think the 40k limitation is pointless and achieves nothing, and shows our Stockholm syndrome like reluctance to ever actually emerge from this.

ā€œblack peopleā€

ā€œdogs and catsā€

You are more than a bit weirdā€¦

As I thought, no answer forthcoming about ā€˜riskā€™.

A selfish gobshite who thinks risk is for others.

Ah would you stop. Delta certainly changed the picture.

Heeeeeeere weeeeeee goooooo agaaaaaaain

1 Like

That is weird I think. Maybe itā€™s a good thing for her she wasnā€™t allowed indoors.

There are going to be hard cases, like Sidā€™s immuno-compromised lady on twitter. But we can only do our best for them, we canā€™t build the rules around them. Thatā€™s hugely unfair on people affected by serious illness.

I donā€™t have much sympathy for your friends lady, if she wants to go eat indoors sheā€™s a fucking eejit, in all fairness.

You just made up a load of things I said so I did the same back to show you how infantile it is. I am not right wing. I donā€™t want loads of people to die. This is just the ridiculous argument that idiots like you use for anyone who has questions about certain aspects of restrictions.

1 Like

It did in fairness. It divided society further hence the name change from the Indian variant.

Lolz. Full circle mate, full circle.

Certain people, yes, need to be given dispensations. I doubt there is anyone who would argue otherwise. Pregnant women would obviously form one category.

There are serious issues with employment law in this area. We are only at the start of a highly complex process. You can say: ā€˜Itā€™s wrong to make vaccination a condition of someoneā€™s employment.ā€™ You can equally say: ā€˜What if someone gets seriously ill from contracting Covid-19 at work?ā€™ There are no simple answers ā€“ all the more so since the vaccinated, in some degree, can still pass on the virus. That caveat made, there is no doubt that vaccination will have to be the main plank for restoring normality. And ā€˜vaccine passportsā€™ go hand in hand with vaccination. As I glossed before, there has to be an incentive for getting vaccinated.