Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

I don’t understand what that’s supposed to mean.

You’ve defended the need to lockdown in the past but at the same time wanted air travel opened up. It doesn’t make any sense. The focus should be on getting businesses functioning again, getting employment back up, services relaunched, bars, restaurants, sports venues, theatres, cinemas etc functioning again before we consider relaunching air travel.

You want to do it the other way around.

2 Likes

He was sent a phishing email with a link titled “Mega New Black Lung Variant Killing Billions”.
He couldn’t resist clicking.

10 Likes

To me they are one and the same and should both be back. Our domestic economy is very open, we need international visitors. There is no point pretending otherwise. We also need aviation, it’s one thing we have historically been incredibly successful at.

Our society relies on being open to Europe and America in particular. Opening it fully also involves opening to air travel

1 Like

That’s a very sensible point.

I don’t think they are the same, when we have sporting events with only 10% capacity, restaurants and bars with limited capacity and time limits in store then I think it is frankly ridiculous that these measures are in place while people can come and leave the country as they please.

If these measures are in place to curb the spread of the virus, then it’s absolute insanity that people can come and go and mingle elsewhere under less stringent regimes.

You’ve decided that it’s a binary choice. It isn’t.

I think it’s nonsense myself.

I’ve decided it’s a hierarchical choice and one takes precedent over the other.

It’s like trying to run before you know you can walk.

That’s because you’re an idiot.

3 Likes

Why?

Good for you.

It isn’t though.

would you ever fuck off with that non binary shite

3 Likes

Because the domestic economy takes precedent.

You think it’s fair to have people running businesses and being told your capacity will be limited and your business suffering as a measure to protect the spread of the virus.

Meanwhile they are allowing every Tom, Dick and Harry to fly in and out of the country and mingle with others?

It is. You’re just too stupid and entitled to understand.

It’s like saying stop filling the potholes because we need better cancer treatment.

Like America first?

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It’s more like saying Glas needs a holiday so let’s fund that instead of cancer services.

1 Like

No one should be allowed go on holiday because people have cancer.