Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Yet itā€™s the one that is being trumped out surronding the need to be cautious over the virus.

The point Iā€™m making is pretty simple.

Domestic society and the economy

TRUMPS

Foreign Travel

You need the first before you consider the second.

Shutting down pubs, restaurants, cinemas, theatres, sports, shcools in March last year and allowing planes to fly in until Mid April didnā€™t really help us did it?

Have you had a bang to the head. I think north and south should be operating with the same criteria and need to find a common agreement on foreign travel.

So that analogy you have made is ridiculous and bears no correlation to any comment Iā€™ve made.

Itā€™s good to be able to welcome @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy back to the LIDTF camp.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in the OIUTF domestic society but lock down our sea borders until such time as the first is up and running again camp.

OIUTFDSBLDOSBUSTATFIUARA Camp

Every variant of concern is the same basic virus. The mRNA vaccine isnā€™t based on any particular variant but reproduces the spike protein that the body creates and reacts to for the virus. In theory any similar cornavirus wil be affected by the vaccines. Could be the end of the common cold too. Thatā€™s beauty of this vaccine technology. Also why the variant argument is not following the science as the medical leaders keep spouting. Among other bare faced lies.

Open the domestic economy and international travel. Both are interdependent on each other. We cant be a closed economy, we have learned our lesson in the 40s and 50s.

The emergence of flu deniers during the last year is a very worrying development.

3 Likes

Saying all my OIUTF feelings, did a bit of shopping on Saturday and remembered that I hate the public. Great seeing shops packed but I rather have the place to myself. First world problems

We need to prioritse the domestic economy and society first of all.

After that then foreign travel can be considered.

We donā€™t currently have that many people vaccinated.

In time the following may not apply, but it currently still applies.

Why prioritize is my point the risks are the same.

But they donā€™t have alignment.

The reality is that the legal ban on travel has been removed by the U.Kā€¦ Flights to places like Portugal have begun.

When MHQ was instituted for travellers from high travel areas, it was reported that Belfast taxi drivers saw a boom in business.

In this scenario- a make believe one- NI will align with the south. Itā€™s odd that you would make your sole wish for alignment to be related to travel.

Why because itā€™s the domestic economy and soceity. It impacts our everyday life, thatā€™s why it takes precedent over a week in the sun.

Iā€™d give up a foreign holiday for the next couple of years if it meant we could back to some form of normality on this island.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy @Copper_pipe whatā€™s our current estimate on percentage of 1st dose admistered? CP posted a link to an article earlier where Chump expects the 2.5 millionth dose to be admistered today. We are well done.

Thatā€™s your choice, but thatā€™s not how Northern Ireland are operating.

Your only choice is therefore a hard border.

I know that.

They should though. The same way as they should not be stifling the domestic economy and society while allowing foreign travel to be relaunched. Itā€™s a nonsensical approach.

No.

The only choice would be to focus on domestic society and the economy as precedent.

About 45% first dose Iā€™d say.

We need to bring people into ireland. Tourism is a massive part of the economy. We cannot support it domestically. On top of that no point in bringing people in and having nothing open. Easiest solution is to open upnand invite tourists in

Except thatā€™s not happening, as you can fly from Belfast to Portugal right now.

So given that, what are your proposing? Would you man the border posts yourself to save the domestic economy?