Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Thanks @Cheasty Iā€™m 5% out which at the current rate we will hit that by the end of the week

If there ever was a chance of aligning the strategies North and South which I donā€™t believe there was, there definitely isnā€™t now

1 Like

Data is limited now but if there are 2.5m vaccine doses administered I would crudely put it at:

1st dose 1.7m
2nd dose 0.8m

Which would probably it at 44% of adults with a 1st dose, 20% of adults with a second dose.

1 Like

There are five million people in the state, seven million on the island. So we need to be aiming for 10 million doses in the state, 14 million doses on the island, 16 billion doses in the world.

And thatā€™s without the probable need for booster doses.

Note that I am not saying that we should not open up in any way until we have completed 10 million doses in the state. Iā€™m just trying to bring home the scale of the challenge.

I know itā€™s fucking not happening.

You asked me what should be happening.

So given itā€™s not happening, and that we know people from the south would travel to the north to travel, how is your proposal in anyway rational? In fact use your own word, itā€™s nonsensical.

Can you go into a bit of depth on this. What is the criteria you would use to open up society some way? Also does every single person have to be vaccinated before we open up fully? Or will we never be back to life as normal pre 2020?

You asked me what should happen. I told you what I felt should have happened. Youā€™re now shifting the goalposts.

Children donā€™t need it tbf and we will be lucky to get 80% of adults. By vaccination the 20% of the most at risk (cohort 1-4), this will solve 80% of the problem. We are double that now so I estimate that the risk has been reduced by 90%. We will never 100% reduce the risk. 60/70% of the population vaccinated will cover 99% of risk

Ireland is the most open and international economy in the world.

1 Like

My own view is that weā€™re moving about six weeks to two months too quickly.

Strange as they had 400k people on PUP recently.

No, youā€™ve surrendered here. Your swear word was telling.

No wonder the Provos couldnā€™t keep up.

No. I answered your question and you didnā€™t like the fact it exposed your argument so you asked a different one.

You want to make businesses open up, but block their revenue.

You want to bankrupt businesses and make people lose their jobs.

Thatā€™s your position.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

I want business to open up without restrictions, I want them to have their capabilities of revenue enhanced, the possibility of employment for people currently on the PUP enhanced. You want them to remain shut or restricted and spend your money in other economies and to have people continue to remain out of work so you can put a few photos on Instagram.

You surrendered, thatā€™s the end of it.

What you are doing now, with respect, is deflecting what the ass spanking you took.

You asked me what Iā€™d do. I told you and you tried to move the goalposts. Follow the trail and it backs up my side.

Indeed. He has stated for the record that he knows there wonā€™t be alignment with the North and he is unwilling to put in a hard border. His position here is untenable.

Tim didnā€™t like the fact the answer took apart his contention.