Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

A backtrack?

The fact that no testing results of samples in UCD over last weekend taken into account with those figures?

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to be upstairs in Devitts singing The Rare Auld Times.

4 Likes

Story on the 6:01 news there about a classical pianist living in Wexford whoā€™s been forced to sell his grand piano because of Coronavirus. Iā€™m crying here.

One of the many inconsistencies and/or elephants in the room if you like.
Is alcohol essential, absolutely not but the excise collected currently probably is.

The years have made me bitter, the gargle dims me brain

1 Like

The stopping of selling clothes etc is to not give them an advantage of being able to sell these items while smaller clothes shops are forced to close which I actually agree with. They are keeping the off licences open because the consequences of closing them would be catastrophic for obvious reasons.

1 Like

TJ to lead the charge again

Mmmhhhh

From personal experience,

Herself got her smear test done. No delay or issues.

Family friend is getting routine Cancer treatment as scheduled.

Another person I know well has a parent with a pretty bleak diagnosis but another method of treatment began today.

For all the faults of our health service I think it also disingenuous to just mark off existing efforts as a stick to drive anti lockdown feeling.

Breastcheck was suspended

This says bowel, cervical and breast screening way behind.

Fewer than 100,000 people were checked under the Stateā€™s three cancer screening programmes in the first half of the year due to Covid-19 restrictions, new figures reveal.

This compares to 500,000 people screened in all of 2019, and suggests that significantly fewer people will be screened for bowel, cervical and breast cancer this year.

3 Likes

A neighbor of mine had a prostate biopsy in February and they told him in late August that he had advanced Cancer. Great lads altogether and they sitting on their collective holes in Limerick Regional for the past 9 months.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s shocking. Fucks sake

Yes, but Harry knows two people who had checks so the system is working.

13 Likes

Fuck.

No exchanges in between Feb & August whatsoever?

From my personal experience.

Itā€™s easy trot out the lines that absolutely nothing is going on, that is unfair.

Of course with the year thatā€™s in it & a pretty poor Health service already that numbers would be way back.

Weā€™ve have stories for decades of missed diagnosis so cop on lads.

None, after numerous attempts.

Nobody is saying nothing is going on. I am sure they are doing the best they can with limited resources and the emphasis on Covid, and peopleā€™s reluctance to go for screening. Your personal experience is irrelevant. Sounds like Ireland is running at 50% of last year (at best), similar to France.

Hope treatment works from him. Thatā€™s outrageous.