Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Fucking hell. Awful

From me? Not sure I had a position from which to backtrack or to advanceā€¦

I am agnostic on a lot of stuff, because I do not think we know enough yet in ways. Even so, this virus is way more serious in its implications ā€“ across the board ā€“ than flu. My main point is the straightforward one about infection rates versus death rates. If hospitals and medical personnel are tied up, due to rising infections, people with other illnesses and conditions will suffer for attention, needless to add.

God no.

Ah, we will let it go. For whatever reason, there has been a big shift back towards the centre ground. Welcome to me.

To be honest, I am quite sick at that tragic story in Corkā€¦ What a waste of three lives ā€“ of four, really. Sounds to me like there was some dynamic about marrying, in the first place, a non farmer. But just an absolutely sickening turn of eventsā€¦

2 Likes

Have you ever written any fiction? No I donā€™t mean on this thread before someone gets cute, genuine question

This whole forum is a work of fiction you flute

2 Likes

1 Like

Not the question I asked but an improvement on your average input no doubt

No. Not the kind you meanā€¦! Have made hurling predictions that were off the markā€¦

Extremely difficult to write worthwhile fiction ā€“ and I do not like or rate at all a lot of stuff that is generally rated, Joseph Oā€™Connor, Sebastian Barry, Colm TĆ³ibĆ­n et al. There is enough poor fiction in the world without going adding to the pileā€¦

Why do you ask?

Your best posts on here have lit the place up. I think youā€™d be rather good at it. You have a capacity for affrontive prose which is equally hilarious and cutting, and a predidposition to an Ireland that, on suface level at least, appears to be disappearing before our very eyes. I was just wondering was there something I might be able to look up

1 Like

What about all the stuff you wrote about Locky Byrne?

I think you couldnā€™t be more wrong about @Tim_Riggins mind you, one of the best posters on the board and a gent to boot.

RTƉ prime time here asking the general public on Jervis Street about herd immunity. Ah yeah it would be great. Ah jaysus no I wouldnā€™t be sure about dah.

3 Likes

a-bow-reh

3 Likes

Professor Bruce Lee on now.

I just McGoogled Locky Byrne, pure class :grinning: Tragic too obvs

Luke O Neill. He needs no introduction

1 Like

Luke seems relatively upbeat.

Did he mention he has a new book?

Nice to see you trot out the big words, but you might look up how to spell predisposition for a start.