Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

I can barely sleep anymore. A sense of permanent nothingness is in the air.

It’s looking more and more likely there will be no Christmas.

The weekend break totally took the sting out of it all week. Fellas definitely took stock of what they were doing.

The American election was the huge distraction.

Covid19 has been a real drag but covid20 & covid21 will really take the piss

1 Like

Bizarre that lads cannot stop themselves from banging the same keys over and over and replying with sincerity to a made up character

There will be. 25 December.

2 Likes

But some lads have an awful lot invested in Christmas being really shit, nothing else will do

Do people actually enjoy Christmas anyway?

Christmas Day is essentially a lockdown in any case, no place open, no sports on, insufferable shits on TV.

I usually enjoy the 2 weeks in the build up to Christmas but I absolutely despise the festive season itself.

7 Likes

Some people look forward to it

I’m not a huge fan either. Like going on a session with the lads from home in the build up. I like the day itself too. The rest of it is kinda meh.

1 Like

You’ve prompted many emotions in me in all your years as a top top poster on here, but never pity. Until now. That’s a very sad post.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I hate cats. And I certainly wouldnt trust one.

Christmas for a young fella is about the pub crawl of Monaghan when everywhere is jammed and you meet friends you haven’t seen in years. There’s been no chance of that happening for months.

4 Likes

At least when you do get out it’ll be like Christmas cause you’ll have met none of them in 2 years.

2 Likes

Christmas is the one time of the year I go to the pub. Meet an oul pal in the Spinnaker every year 2 or 3 days after Christmas and we spin a few oul yarns.

10 Likes

You and your pal can spin a few yarns in heaven

Would i be correct in saying fellas your age wouldn’t maintain big groups of male friends like the younger generations do? I know my aul fella doesn’t anyway he’d rarely if ever meet the fellas he grew up with.
Or maybe they just fall away with time and the same will happen us. Less likely due to greater connectivity on social media though I’d say.

Careful now, you could turn into @anon67715551

That’s a bit drastic. We’ll probably just sit outside under a patio heater and have a 9euro basket of wings.

1 Like