Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

The daily briefings will continue until morale improves

1 Like
1 Like

I saw some cunt on twitter post “we can only have Christmas drinks in a controlled environment” I mean ffs.

1 Like

thats not a meaningful christmas

“It is hopeful but certainly not a time for celebration.”

Christmas 2021 could be a meaningful Christmas

We need Leo to stand up to this fella. If only we hadn’t made him resign.

1 Like

He wouldn’t recommend Christmas drinks if there was no disease.

How much longer are we gonna listen to this lunatic?

3 Likes

Give up the hooch lads…it’s no good…

I think it was flagged up well here that this would be the case. The goalposts have been in perpetual motion since this thing began. Philip Nolan was kite flying at the weekend too. And to think people wanted lockdown. Some retailers, pubs, restaurants actually wanted level 5. This carrot of “meaningful Christmas” was dangled in front of them. If we lockdown now we can “save Christmas”. Classic case of being careful what you wish for. It just might come true. It’s like a sad Christmas story like “Its A Wonderful life” only without the happy ending.

4 Likes

Breathe my man, breathe.

Oh and Its a Wonderful Life is the most depressing film you’ll ever watch. Until the last 3 minutes.

1 Like
1 Like

Ah thats a banger :clap:

Has this been posted? It doesn’t seem to be getting much coverage. A search didn’t bring up the white paper mentioned in the article or anything about the group.

1 Like

There was a tweet from last week posted here that shows exactly the moving of the posts. The tweet had a graph comparing the daily case projection for level 5 from October 30th to December with the correct daily cases overlaid. The actual daily cases was less than the best case projection but still super Tony was saying he doubted that we will be open for Christmas and the numbers weren’t going as expected. Pure bollix acting

2 Likes

This shows the impossible bar to get under. We are always going to get around 1% positives given false positives etc. At 15k tests, getting under 100 cases is basically impossible.

Interestingly, Ireland’s testing numbers reduced just as Level 5 was introduced.

I’d expect to crank them right back up near the end of the month.

I think the vaccine is actually bad news for getting out of lockdown. They can just hold off now until the vaccine is ready with the promise to people that normal life will be returning soon

2 Likes

I think you’re right there. The incentive to work hard to find a way to live with it is lessened.

Can work both ways. People can see the end in sight and go back to old ways

1 Like