Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Impartial :smiley:

Tony Holohan is the person deciding on how you spend your Christmas

Jesus now that is a statistic that will correspond in deaths. Unfortunately those deaths will drive the narrative of why we will be having Christmas Dinner over zoom with a package Dennys sliced ham and sliced turkey

Good to know hospital numbers are dropping. If its in nursing homes those people are fucked. They won’t be in the hospital statistic.

Those people are blaming the govt I think? Jesus, god help us if there was a war. In the 1930s and 40s during WWII, people couldn’t travel for longer, and didn’t have wifi or smartphones, netflix or 50 channels to pass the time. Some people need a bit of perspective and to stop whining. It’s not like folk are being conscripted into armies for fucks sake.

1 Like

Still likely the elderly cohort in hospital for routine treatment are picking it up there while the authorities will cite the numbers hospitalised as justification to close retail etc

1 Like

They said we’d be lower than 250 per day after 3 weeks of lockdown. We are nearly 3.5 weeks through this lockdown and cases are much higher than projected. The aim of being at 50 cases per day at start of December was never on.

We’ll be at 200 a day on December 1st and be back to 1000 a day by Christmas.

Yeah I agree. 200 ball park. I’m not sure what the plan is then. Do they even know themselves.

Covid doesn’t believe in Santa Claus

Does Santa Claus believe in Covid will be more important.

1 Like

Bye Bye Christmas

the 5 day moving average does little bunny hops, probably due to vagaries of testing. It’s still trending down week on week.

We’ll be grand. Level 2 for Christmas.

Pubs open on the 14th

1 Like

Limericklike optimism from you there kid.

No way they go lower than level 3.

Chalk it

Pubs open at Christmas :sweat_smile: as if Holohan will allow that

1 Like