Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Konor with a “K” if you don’t mind. He can stay in Glasgow.

5 Likes

We’re back to people drinking outdoors and travel again, it’s like July again.

You really wonder somethimes do these people live in the real world?

Speaking on RTÉ Radio One, public health expert Dr Gabriel Scally said he did not believe Christmas travel would be “worth the trouble if people play it properly and isolate properly for two weeks in advance…that’s not much of a Christmas.

“So I really don’t think travel should be on the agenda this Christmas and I hope people stick to that because we know this virus travels very well, and having people flowing in and out of countries and through airports and all the other travel that it involves is a recipe for disaster,” Dr Scally added.

Chief Medical Officer Dr Tony Holohan has also urged those living overseas not to travel home for Christmas, ruling it out even on compassionate grounds, while Tánaiste Leo Varadkar advised people not to book flights “at the moment” due to the pandemic-driven uncertainty.

1 Like

Also they expect people coming home for 2 weeks at Christmas to self isolate for 2 weeks at Christmas.

If you didn’t laugh you’d cry

Public buyin is at zero?

Eh Cheltenham

Ruling it out even on compassionate grounds :grin::grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

If I was living away I would just focus on work on a few other bits and pieces over Christmas and return home in Feb/March when things ease off again.

1 Like

As if anyone will do that.

If I was living away, I’d want to come home and see my folks, there might not be a next year, theres a killer virus on the loose

1 Like

Not everyone is as resilient as you pal…Hard times don’t last, but hard guys do…

Haven’t you already stated that you don’t really enjoy or value Christmas the way most people do?

Yes.

You just know that Konor has siblings called Kai, Kaden, Kayleigh and Katrina

And they are all Kunts with a K. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they really wanted to scare people, they should just say there will be mandatory testing at random at the airport.

If you want to avoid a positive test, keep your head down for the couple of weeks leading up to travel.

And if you want to granny, maybe avoid the pre Christmas drinks with the lads and wait until the 26th.

2 Likes

You’re not really qualified to comment in that case.

I must head to the offie

As qualified as anyone else.

I don’t need society to tell me I can only celebrate and enjoy my friends and family for a one week holiday window in the year.

1 Like