Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

2 Likes

Panic averted

Back on track :pint:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that now. Positivity rate isn’t coming down a lot anymore.

Getting to 100 cases by December seems pretty much impossible.

There was a huge spike in Limerick the last few days, I’m told it’s almost entirely attributable to mass testing of all staff in the hospital. If you test 3,000 people who’ve been working in a hospital you are going to find a lot of covid.

I’d imagine if you took this spike out of the curve it has continued to fall the whole time or at least close to it.

Next two weeks are critical

a few worrying trends there on the five day rolling average

3 Likes

Careful. This virus likes to toy with us, to play on our emotions. We need to hold firm and close all remaining non-meat factory businesses to be sure

1 Like

We’re riddled with it… it would be beyond irresponsible and akin to murder to open up in the next few weeks … gangs of young people are still socializing and having parties … hopefully we are all systems go for next May

Holohan is right about 1 thing, the Irish can’t control themselves when it comes to drink, it would be absolute insanity to open pubs

Simon Harris will be cheering on the Aer Feng flight from Peking on Christmas Eve with the 500,000 XXS gowns the Chinaman sold him for Christmas for 27 million euros.
China will land a vaccine then and in a few years time there will be kids born with a nose instead of an left ear… Paddy will still be clapping the Chinese and condemning anyone as racist if they accuse them of having anything to do with it

10 Likes

mouthwash stations outside everywhere now along with hand sanitizing stations

Gravestones and huge crucifixes erected outside Nowlan Park with bodies laid out on the 21 yard line

2 Likes

Like your average KK county final so.

1 Like

who was it who was on about temporary morgues back in March to cater for all the dead bodies?
were the army going to come in at one stage?

Open it up

Coroners not reporting an increase in suicides this year which is encouraging, people may be more resilient than we give them credit for

7 Likes

Sure look at Sweden? Utterly destroyed

A guess on Christmas here.

Retail will open on December 2nd as they will get almighty shit if it does not. Hair salons and gyms will have to wait a week. Gyms might be told to go and completely stuff it as they don’t actually care about overall public health.

At the same time, they’ll announce that there is an extra bank holiday before Christmas, which will alleviate some childcare issues as I expect schools might be asked to break up at least 1 week prior to Christmas, rather than the 22nd/23rd. They can spin it as a nice reward for the public for all of their hard work and schools being out will stop some circulation.

Restaurants and bars will be kept on the hook completely, very much a last minute thing, it will be a way for them to try and harden down on compliance for the first two weeks of December.

As those open, the message will start to actually focus on public health things. Just because they’re open doesn’t mean you should go or do your normal thing, keep contacts down for Christmas. Hang off until after you’ve seen granddad on Christmas day.

The big thing for them will be to allow people to move between counties I think. There will be mass non compliance otherwise.

5 Likes