Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Limerick is riddled. The AI win has come at a high price.

2 Likes

@Malarkey, give this a go

The real problem with people wanting everything open is that the flipside of this wish is their willingness to contract the virus. Fine and dandy, you might think. Personal choice, you might say.

Their choice, though, effectively makes a choice for everyone to whom they pass the virus. And those people might have chosen, for all sorts of reasons, not to contract the virus.

Contrary to the Kangos, ā€˜long Covidā€™ is an established phenomenon. A friend of mine in Manchester, a fit middle-aged woman with no underlying symptoms whatsoever, is suffering badly from long Covid.

Thatā€™s the most likely scenario if it came from a lab. Safe to say if it was a bio weapon we would all be dead or sterile. Iā€™ve gone down some rabbit holes and there is some whack job conspiracy theories out there. The most likely and boring one is usually the most likely. One thing Iā€™m sure of is the Chinese knew about this long before last Christmas and the WHO praising them for their communication is bollocks

Castle muck v ballyshitetown in a game of spud hockey played in a cow shed would be his area of expertise.

2 Likes

No swab data until tomorrow so we wonā€™t know how much of that figure is from the backlog.

Iā€™m not especially blithe, but Iā€™m 32 years of age and have no underying condition so, playing the percentages, itā€™s no more likely to kill me than a car journey.

1 Like

I would rather not, because I know in private you are a very nice man. I would rather agree to disagree, if you do not mind.

Fair enough. But what about the people to whom you would pass the virus? Do you have a right to choose for them?

1 Like

Bollox , itā€™s the wifes birthday on Thursday. Everywhere fucking shut. Iā€™ll get her a voucher for Aldi. Be grand.

1 Like

Just shite on its own is obviously your area of expertise.

Iā€™ve no problem with people disagreeing with me. Sometimes, rarely, they might be right Iā€™d Iā€™d be the better for it.

Clearly thereā€™s something serious amiss if an airborne virus respects an invisible border in norn iron but marches in unison across all london boroughs at once?

Oh well thatā€™s it then, case closed.

Nobody is suggesting no restrictions, or opening everything up and going back to pre Covid behavior. That would be insane. Not as insane though as thinking you can repeatedly lock down western societies and the population will comply. Especially the young who have been aware since summer that this disease poses no significant risk to them.

how does this work? have the figures the last 2 days included any of the 9k backlog?

The next week will be interesting. Weā€™re still way below hospitalised and ICU numbers in March and April. End of this week is 14 days from Christmas Day so youā€™d hope a natural decline from then.

Iā€™d expect a very restrictive lockdown til end of February and no schools. Imperative they donā€™t delay any further on vaccine roll out.

1 Like

Leo said the schools are going back.

Far too good for her mike. Sheā€™s lucky to have you.

1 Like

Iā€™d be amazed if they go back on 11th January. No politician will walk that tightrope now. They will want to see numbers stabilise.

2 Likes

Yerra I might throw the leg over her as well. Spoil her like

1 Like