Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

652 in Limerick!

And that’s just the backroom team.

25 Likes

That’s some proper infection rates. Paddy laughing at John Bull 3 weeks ago when he was out doing the Christmas shopping and drinking pints, he’s not laughing now

8 Likes

Would be interesting to see a breakdown county and city wise for that,

Its a backlog well over a week too.

NPHET have lost control of it.

I think the backlog actually increased yesterday based on the below link.

I’m only on the phone so a screenshot doesn’t look great but if you click the link and select bar about half way down the page you’ll see the bar chart for cases vs positive swabs. Towards the start of the graph they red and blue bars track fairly closely. In the last week to 10 days the difference between the 2 has gotten bigger.

Stay classy San Diego

Paddy will always laugh at John Bull

RTÉ calling for more restrictions. Sure we have been told all along that it takes 14 days for measures to take effect.

Like you said, she’s lucky to have me. Shur with my three sacks, I can go all night

What more restrictions?

2 Likes

You need more restrictions

No I dont. You asked about what I would do personally. I’d proably go into a crowded nightclub right now.

From a societal point of view, I would advocate very limited restrictions. Social distancing in bars and restuarants. No mass gatherings (especially indoors). The option to work from home provided. I think all of those are sensible. I dont think locking everyone inside is sensible, or practical, or effective, or proportionate.

2 Likes

2km limit, don’t leave house etc

I’m a super spreader kid.

Curfew will be the next thing although I’d love to see them trying to police it.

George Lee is loving these figures.

Schools will be gone for January I’d say. Tony will hammer the hammer here and has the figures to back it up

We’re now 10 days out from Christmas.
Admissions to hospital increased by 96, the most ever in a single day. As you said the hope is that the next few days will see a peak and then a fall off, but it is already spreading like wildfire in Limerick.

I do not think there is anything inherently odd about a difference of some sort between the Six Counties and the 26 Counties. Could be odd but not necessarily so.

The grapevine – including a friend in Belfast – tells me observation of restrictions has been much less pronounced than in 26 Counties. An acquaintance is a bookdealer in Kilkenny. Back in early December, he travelled up to Donegal in a van with a helper to collect books. Coming back, they stopped for coffee in some well known plaza in Tyrone. As a matter of course, going in, they both put on a mask. Inside and around 60 people in there and not one of them, I was told, wearing a mask.

Anecdotal, I know. But I think there is broad agreement that Six Counties has higher rates – probably due to different approach.