Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

I think those observations get to the issueā€™s nub. Yes, I can decide, as an adult, to take a risk. But am I entitled to pre judge, effectively, someone elseā€™s attitude towards risk? No, I think not, medically, ethically, philosophically or any other way. Which is what the OIUTF stuff presumes in its black and white fashion.

Then we have children and teenagers, too young to consent to risky behaviour, for themselves and/or for others. How people consider such complex topics so simplistically is beyond me.

Without a vaccine, education at all levels is extremely difficult and perhaps impossible. I have quite a few friends working at third level. The legal issues that would be involved in compelling university teachers to work non remotely are torturous. Who would take responsibility if and when matters go wrong?

But yet: done with Covidā€¦ Ffs.

No you must have made that up.

Iā€™m a public servant mate, I contribute to society.

Why are you so cranky?

:rofl:

2 Likes

What is going on in Limerick?

Thinly veiled, youā€™re a glorified doley.

EllipticalPlaintiveDuckbillplatypus-small

1 Like

All Ireland Celebrations and a large influx of travellers

Did Publicans just open the doors everywhere?

The problem apparently was that not enough of them did :laughing:

The OIUTF capital. Never mind the parliamentary capital or the mike Ashley sevco capital of the queenā€™s dominion state. The capital of the people

Might have been an element of that in some towns but I donā€™t know of any specific cases.

Mainly pubs in places like Adare were very lax in relation to implementing the restrictions. Anyone who drank in Adare before Christmas has covid now.

Lock your vulnerable loved one indoors and hide the key. The death figures are sure to rise soon. I went for a spin at sunset around Galway, Salthill was fairly busy but always is on a nice evening, the rest of town was absolutely dead, reminded me of the first lockdown

Lol

1 Like

Seems mad there are so few examples. But I suppose it fits in with the contradictory confusing nature of the whole thing.

Is there any other virus kids canā€™t really get or transmit? What age do you become a ā€˜covid adultā€™ at?

Loads of schools have had issues but generally pods isolated. School in Claremorris made headlines as Principal was worried with high numbers before Xmas hols and wanted to shut week beforehand.

Department made him open up against general consensus.

1 Like

Rte discussing level 6.

@TreatyStones was out drinking the night of the all ireland

2 Likes

Government looking for the unions to close the schools.

RTE calling for level 6.

15 people vaccinated.

Excel frozen.

Disaster.

16 Likes

Curfew from 8pm. 2k distance from home.

1 Like

Itā€™s almost like somebody in government told rte that the schools wonā€™t be opening next Monday and to start drip feeding it from tonight to the general public.

1 Like
2 Likes