Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Belgium has more than double our ICU capacity per 100k and they’ve just announced a lockdown

it’s a pandemic problem.

Your problem is a perspective problem, you think Ireland is automatically worse than everywhere else, for some reason

Yes. Ireland is not even in the top 10 incidence rates in Europe.

Expertise is generally obtained from study and case work . As yet there is no “expertise “ on Covid 19

Ireland and the UK have essentially the same number of ICU beds per capita, same for Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, etc
 Italy, France and Spain are roughly 2X in terms of capacity and Germany 4X.

The R rate had fallen below 1 prior to lockdown.
The virus was in retreat.

1 Like

which countries out of the ones higher than us don’t have lockdowns or draconian restrictions?

this is the latest list

Netherlands have a lockdown. Belgium have. Czechia have a lockdown, UK have local lockdowns and restrictions on bars and pubs

Spain have curfews and travel bans in major cities, as have France

We had it on the run but when we went into lockdown it regrouped for another attack.

None of them have as draconian measures as Ireland.

Restaurants are still open in Spain.

Gyms and pools are still open in Netherlands etc.

Those statistics you posted up are a daily rate, not a 14 day incidence rate.

It retreated to the hills of Kerry and Connemara, lying in wait.
Then snuck back to Dublin in the range rovers during holiday season.

I was doing alright yesterday evening watching the press conference. I said I was going to call it a night but then I saw on TFK a Micheal Martin press conference where he said that he expects Covid19 to last for all of 2021 and that was a big mistake on my behalf. MM has already made his mind up about non-stop lockdown right through 2021.

I’m a little frightened by how much I hate people right now and my mood is as dark as it’s ever been for at least for the past 10 years. The only hope I see for Ireland is if Level 5 is a complete and utter failure. So what I’ve stopped washing my hands and wearing a face mask except when someone actually makes me. I’m doing my own tiny little bit for defeating Level 5.

It would be great if I could find someway to infect as many people as possible. Theoretically you could have a spray bottle of infected water and you could go around town with a facemask spraying that on everything. People would just think you’re a hygiene freak and thank you for it. But of course I have no idea how you could ever get a spray bottle of “infected covid water”.

Also today I bought a can of spray paint for Anti-NPHET graffiti.

5 Likes

lock the fucking doors to T1 and T2 there @Batigol

Their measures are not even remotely as severe as Irelands.

4 people can visit a household.
They dont have a 5km restriction on travel
Shops are open both “essential” and “non essential”
Gyms are open
Outdoor markets and outdoor sports are all operating.

Yes some countries are announcing restrictions but they are only getting to our level 3 and that is the stricter ones.

1 Like

you can’t leave your house after 10pm in France. The curfew covers about 20 million people for a month

pubs restaurants and cafes are closed.

Socializing: You’re allowed close contact with only one person from outside your household. You can invite four people to your home if you respect social distancing rules. These four people must be the same for a period of two weeks, after which you can switch. In public spaces, groups are limited to four people.

Bars, cafés and restaurants: All bars, cafés and restaurants are closed. Take-out is possible until 10 p.m. Authorities will review these measures at the end of October. Night shops have to close at 10 p.m. and alcohol sales are prohibited after 8 p.m.

There is a nightly curfew from midnight to 5 a.m., with exceptions for “essential trips” for urgent medical reasons and professional commutes.

Sorry, this wasn’t right. MM has decided that he’ll let us outside every few months in 2021. We’ll probably get a few weeks staycation in the summer of 2021 and little treats like that.

Not true, there are certain local restrictions in France.

On a whole, lockdown restrictions in countries with a much higher incidence rate than Ireland have far less stringent lockdown measures. That is absolute fact, why?

Because in the 26, it is a healthcare crisis - not a pandemic one.

2 Likes

you can bury your head in the sand all you want. This pandemic is having a massive impact everywhere, regardless of ICU capacity

1 Like

The 5km rule is one I have a major problem with. It is a real nasty restriction especially when you consider just how remote parts or Ireland are and how people are cut off and isolated. I have not seen that replicated anywhere else in Europe at this juncture. They probably did it in Bergamo when they were in the eye of the hurricane back in early days of April. There is absolutely no justification for it here especially coming into winter.

10 Likes

Yes, local restrictions - can you not read?

Why does Ireland have the most draconian lockdown when its incidence rate is not even in the top 10?

Covering 20 million people in 9 major cities.