Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

There’s a real immediacy to level 5

2 Likes

Time to go to level 8.

1 Like

Maybe they should have tried to fix the health service.

Just read through the whole journal article announcing tonights cases and deaths and there is no details about the deaths bar that there were 4. Seems to be the same every night. Comes out eventually but not really highlighted. Goes into minute detail on the cases.
Im specifically asking you as you’re a reasonable alternative voice to most here. I don’t want the usual ‘cod, journal is shite’ type answers.
I can’t think of any reason bar they’re really old and this won’t frighten people enough but I’m hoping it’s something else.

Met a chap yesterday who picked COVID19 up on holidays back in late March.

He looks fine ( middle aged maybe late 40’s & trim etc ) but says it was at least 10 weeks before he felt he was over it. Still says energy levels are poor compared to what they were but he is out & about doing his daily business.

Personally I don’t believe at this stage the death rate is going to be excessive unless it runs through nursing homes.
The cases are still the worry as if we have say 900 daily confirmed cases you can imagine how many others have come in contact with the positive tests.
Sooner or later ( hopefully not ) hospitals could become overrun with this. Staff being infected then is a serious issue.

HSE & Government need to come up with a proper plan other than lockdown after lockdown because they’re not going to wash with the public going forward indefinitely.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Are you asking me the reason? I don’t know the reason.

I can give you an opinion

I don’t read the journal.

If it is a numbers based article, there are two possible reasons to not disclose specifics

1. At such low numbers, 4, the mean, median etc wouldnt be impacted significantly unless they were major outliers, so they wouldn’t go in to it
  2. At such low numbers, would it be advisable to give such details in a public newspaper? If they gave ages and location at 4 deaths in the journal etc, it may be possible to trace if there was a death close by and you put 2+2 together and got 5 etc.

There’s two possible reasons in my humble opinion.

As I said. I don’t read the journal so don’t know their tone or how they reported on this previously

Didn’t think it possible but Harris is becoming even more bloody annoying

4 Likes

Harris would want to cop the fuck on and throw his phone into the sea (providing it’s within 5km of where he lives)

2 Likes

cc @Heyyoubehindthebushes

1 Like

You’d nearly miss FG’s crack PR team

1 Like

Lovely tweet from dear Simon. Its got a lovely mix of abuse between the lockdown and sealing of records. Yet he still has hes flock bleating.

2 Likes

She clamped the fucker there tbf

1 Like

Rugby is very dangerous and must be cancelled to save us from the goys

Simon Harris is the Eoin McLove of Irish politics.

That day when there was about 10 cases just before the announcement to go to Level 5, I was annoyed that there were no details given, even in the Irish Times.

Just wait till they get inside the locker room Valerie

1 Like

Hard to argue with that. What do you think about that thing I was on about with the deaths? If they’re really doing it as it doesn’t suit their narrative I think that’s a mistake as not being fully up front isn’t working any more

I don’t think death rates in single figures with a median age of 80 is going to put the shits up anyone anymore.

A good deal of people see this for what it is, a method of sticking a plaster on a 12” wound when 25 stitches are required.

I can’t see those being the reasons maybe they are though. They always give the ages of road deaths for eg