Coronavirus Thread - Pause before - The Final Battle (Part 1)

Sweden’s relative success drives the LIDTF crowd mad. They ballsed up the nursing homes (which they freely admit) and have been far from perfect, but they have smashed the myth that you need a lockdown or that having a lockdown will bring you greater success.

5 Likes

Shur we’ve ballsed the nursing homes up too :man_shrugging:

1 Like

We did. Criminally so.

Leo Leo Leo.

Important for one to be flexible with one’s opinions.

What is their relative success?

Did anywhere not balls up nursing homes? Surely the big mistake there is having lots of old people in them

Having similar cases numbers to other countries without closing down large sections of their society.

They tested less than almost anywhere in Europe.

South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore had zero nursing home deaths in May

Ireland was 62% Sweden 49%

The Mother Theresa’s of the forum suddenly have no issue with a poster giving personal insults out in every single post they make

10 Likes

It’s relative. I’m not up to date with their testing regimen. And their response is not perfect. But plenty predicted absolute carnage if a nation tried to handle this without a lockdown and they have not had that.

That’s relative

If you had a loved one triaged you may have a differing opinion

Tackie can be a nasty individual alright

He’ll be crying about the personal abuse he got from applecrumbled again shortly, while encouraging it here

I may do yes. I have loved ones who are isolated and living in despair because of the restrictions.

Sweden currently have the vast majority of their society open, relatively low case numbers and their health service is coping fine. Whether other nations could cope without restrictions or not, we may never know (hopefully a vaccine will render that point moot) but I think Sweden’s holistic approach to the health and well-being of their nation as a whole is admirable.

All so serious, the poor lads. Ye need a break ye poor misfortunes.

Do you not think old and vulnerable people are in fear in sweden at the lack of restrictions?

Fear is everywhere because we are in a pandemic. Not because of the actions of government.

By Christ lads. Yere surpassing yereselves tonight. Be careful going up the stairs to bed. Ye could meet yereselves on the way down

2 Likes

A real one armed waiter

Do they maybe not keep people in nursing homes much?