Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

The reason the world has been in a heap for the last 18 months is because of how governments have reacted to the spread of a new coronavirus. In the early weeks and months of the pandemic, when the reporting was a little more ‘open’, we had a glimpse of the ages and comorbidities of those that tested positive for the virus prior to their death. An almost statistically insignificant number of healthy young people die from the virus; it mostly impacts old and sick people. This is not a new concept for humanity.

13 Likes

By your logic nobody should be dead.

Covid has claimed more lives in the US than the Spanish (Kansas) Flu.

But yet you’re telling us to listen to a guy, Ioannidis, who said there would be no more than 10k deaths in the US.

You claimed that the US would handle the pandemic like a breeze.

You told us to listen to Sunetra Gupta, who claimed that over half of Britain’s population had already caught Covid by March 24th, 2020 - a naked lie designed to benefit the let it rip ideologues and throw hundreds of thousands of people in Britain, and millions elsewhere, under the bus.

You told us to listen to Michael Levitt, who claimed the pandemic in China “burned itself out” after a few weeks, and in the Sunday Indo on May 3rd, 2020, claimed it would burn out in Ireland in a few weeks.

You told us the Alpha variant was “bullshit”.

You’re now telling us that those who advocate vaccination for 5 and up are “monsters”.

You pushed hydroxychloroquine, a worldwide right wing cult.

You pushed Ivermectin and pushed its shameless, lying backers, another worldwide right wing cult.

You have a long, long, long record of displaying ignorance and stupidity in relation to this pandemic.

1 Like

No it is not.

This is to claim that the whole thing has been a fraud.

It is real, and no more needs to be said.

This is a plain, unvarnished truth the whole world can see.

Is Sweden a right wing tyranny?

2 Likes

the world is populated by woke, lefty hypochondriacs now too, this could not have come at a worse time

1 Like

As regards the pandemic it has been, yes. It has been suckered onto pseudoscience. Unless you consider the lives of the many thousands of people who died needless deaths as worthless, and it is obvious you do.

Has there been much of the ‘case surge’ that NPHET warned of when schools reopened?

Anecdotally it appears so, although the rules as regards close contacts have been relaxed severely meaning that the running of the schools hasn’t been badly affected.

We don’t need anecdotes. They report daily case numbers don’t they. Or are they not testing kids?

2 Likes

Its a shitstorm. Everyones just keeping the heads down and saying nothing though. You cant get covid if you dont get tested.

7117 positive cases among 0-18 years from August 31st to September 13th.

The hospitals must be over run so.

Oh wait, they’re not, as kids recover really well from Covid.

3 Likes

There’s a deadly surge in the North, they’re testing classroomfuls of perfectly healthy children and a sizeable proportion of them are testing positive. As they’re perfectly healthy they’re not in hospital … however they’re being used to demonstrate that the vaccine has broken the link between cases and hospitalisation.
As blatant a piece of chicanery as we’ve seen, and one which would be defended to the hilt by the usual suspects
I’ve sent off 2 tests for my young lad and can’t get results for either…as a result I’ve no idea if my dog has covid. The testing company is sending out another test kit. I’m assuming that they’re betting paid for all 3. Some scam in fairness

4 Likes

Ok is that an increase then on the previous time frame?

200 million people in uttar pradesh and hardly a case to be found, apparently. How is this possible?!

Was talking to one of the lads today who said they reckon Bombay has 90% herd immunity now.

4 Likes

What happened and what is happening in Uttar Pradesh is really quite easy to understand when you engage your brain.

Ivermectin failed disastrously there.

As it did in Peru, which has the highest recorded death rate in the world. Ivermectin cultists are fairly silent on Peru.

So this vaccine cuts down transmission a bit…for a while at least. The safety profile is changing daily, as is our understanding of its effectiveness. A few months ago it was perfect, now much less so yet a few months ago it wasn’t safe for children, now it is…even if they don’t need it.

Using the adjective “perfect”, which no one on that side of the argument has ever deployed, I would say, is the essence of inverted utopianism. You cannot address a debate, let alone win it, by inventing straw men.

Which or whether, the vaccines work far better than “a bit”. You would do better to acknowledge this reality. Vaccines are the reason why infection rates comparable to early 2021 have not produced, in autumn 2021, a similar scenario to early 2021. The further reality is that you have no solution to offer (and Ivermectin, which is made by Big Pharma, is not remotely a solution).

But you want me to accept that we should use it to protect old people by giving it to young people? And you talk about contradictions?

I actually laid out the reason, by a simple exercise of logic, why vaccinating under 18s, whatever its merits or demerits, is not centred on protecting “old people”. This point is irrefutable. So you ignore this point. You are implicitly conceding the argument by adopting so weak and illogical a counter argument.

You are a decent person. But you are also a person, for whatever reason, without a solution to offer.

I will leave matters there. I think it is dangerous when decent people adopt foolish and dangerous positions. But there it is.

1 Like

Another former member of the gaming community, it would seem.

You truly are a phenomenal eejit. What I said about how this issue would play out is exactly what transpired. There is no game in town except vaccination. There, as with so many, you were entirely wrong.

Live with it, so to speak.