Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Test away grand but the cost to the state for the pcr is massive, considering that CDG is part of the group against antigen while his nose is in the trough. Greed and corruption.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/1017/1254185-ireland-covid/

Mostly sensible stuff. The lack of use of antigen becomes more bizarre everyday. I know of multiple people who have managed to catch an early infection through their use. More lack of imagination from NPHET in not liking how they had monitored the virus would be changed. The fact that Nolan went from proclaiming the virus was suppressed to it increasing in a matter of days should really have the guy out to pasture at this stage.

2 Likes

World Health Organisation spokeswoman Margaret Harris on Sunday said some people who are vaccinated against Covid-19 are falling into a trap of thinking “they can do what they like”.

“We still have to behave in a way that assumes we are infectious. That is a struggle because people are really really sick of the restrictions. And I am not saying we should all be in lockdown,” she told Newstalk’s On the Record programme.

“But we need to behave in a way that prevents infections. So keep up the distancing, avoid the crowding, really ventilate our closed spaces and where those masks.”

The same WHO who warned against boosters a few weeks ago. Their role throughout Covid appears to be trying to be the balance on where different countries go.

1 Like

Moved here for relevance.

Your framing is crudely reductionist here.

You would have to define who the “establishment” are. There is no one “establishment” as regards Covid. It’s like saying “the media are scum”, which rejects the reality that the media is not a singular beast.

Those who are most correct on Covid are those outside the establishment on the side you don;t like. The Covid realists.

Those who are non-establishment on the other side are totally cuckoo.

If in an Irish context, you class the “establishment” as the Government and NPHET, it appears to me they are currently wrong on the side you don’t want to be wrong on, ie. they are underestimating the threat it poses this winter.

What is clear is that Covid is not going away, and we are in a for a bad winter.

Hospitalisations have gone from 42 in July to 459 now. Nobody can explain or even wants to confront the prospect of that figure continuing to go up. Nobody can explain how it’s going to go down.

Schools are beginning to close, hospitals are cancelling procedures, there are rumours of at least one big Covid outbreak in a hospital.

Things are bad, real bad.

1 Like

How many ICU beds have we added in the two years?

1 Like

2 and a half

Holohan will announce Level 5 today

1 Like

I wouldnt mind Harvey norman was doing a sale on single beds earlier in the year too

We don’t need no ventilation
We don’t need no Covid control
A raging virus in the classroom
Teacher, you are on your own
Hey, Teacher, you are on your own!
All in all, they’re just a bunch of pricks in the Dáil
All in all, they’re just a bunch of pricks in the Dáil

2 Likes

Has anyone been consistently correct on COVID ? People keep chopping and changing , Figures have been way off …

@Tassotti

5 Likes

Those who have been most correct about Covid are those have continuously seen it as the existential threat to functioning society it is.

At a micro level the picture constantly changes - but at a macro level the above reality doesn’t change.

That threat is looming very large again, and it is almost unbelievable how people cannot see it.

482 in hospital now. That’s a 12 fold increase since July.

If people want to delude themselves this isn’t a problem, that is their choice, but it will mean we are destined to repeat the same mistakes of last year.

That Wexford CBS primary school outbreak and closure was referenced above. The changes to the rules about close/casual contacts are gas. One sibling heading into school while the other infected one stays at home and so on.

Separately, my life partner has twin nieces in the same primary school class in Monaghan. They’ve been inseparable growing up so their mam thought it would be good for them to sit apart in school and asked the teacher to accommodate this. So anyway another pupil caught Covid and was sitting beside one of the girls so she had to stay home until she got the two clear tests but her sister was still allowed to attend school. She’d arrive home in the evening and play with her sister and then head back in the next day.

3 Likes

Apart from myself?

2 Likes

I think most people do see it but a lot are of the mindset , rightly or wrongly , that they are prepared to keep going and take the risk.