Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Itā€™s a possibility.

I respect your right not to get the vaccine and I disagree with mandates. That said, if you were my friend, Iā€™d tell you to get it.

2 Likes

Another long day of it yesterday lads. Iā€™m sure a few more days of debate will see a winner crowned.

6 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Because people with auto immune disorders arenā€™t recommended to get the vaccine? It might be too strong for them? Not the same thing as saying it might give someone an autoimmune disorder?

1 Like

By god

You havenā€™t the balls to listen to a wee podcast.

2 Likes

Tis done. @Tierneevin1979 has laid waste to all before him.

What would you know about it you snide little prick?

Thatā€™s the point. You donā€™t go with the science. And you have shown beyond doubt over many years that you are all too prepared to believe actual random loons.

You go with whatever your favourite right wing culture warriors say.

Iā€™d have concerns over the paper youā€™ve linked to. Itā€™s not a published peer-reviewed paper in a high impact journal, it was lead by an economic research institute, and it could be argued that the study relates to 7,500 individuals, as opposed to ā€œ340,000 adultsā€, as claimed by Dr. Tom. In any event, the Danish Face Covering study is more applicable to a developed country like Ireland. This clinical trial had 6,000 participants and was a randomised controlled trial. The findings of the study were that, in relation to being infected with Covid-19, there was no statistically significant difference between those who wore masks and those who did not.

10 Likes

And just to add, these studies are solely focused on the transmission of the virus. It is of critical importance that research is also committed to better understanding the long-term health consequences of wearing face coverings. Iā€™m talking about physiological impacts (e.g. microplastic inhalation risk posed by wearing masks, hypoxemia, hypercapnia, increases in stress hormones levels), psychological impacts (e.g. mood disturbances, compromised cognitive performance), and health consequences (e.g. headaches, anxiety, exacerbation of existing conditions, increased predisposition for viral and infection illnesses). Myopic studies focussing on a single variable are of little use to us if the conclusions promote an outcome that itself opens up a range of additional risk factors.

4 Likes

People routinely wear masks in some jobs. Asian countries have been routinely wearing masks for many years.

All you say is formed on baseless speculation.

The ā€œsingle variableā€ you talk about is the single variable that has brought much of the world to a shuddering halt for the last year and half.

1 Like

True, but they usually have a choice as to where they work. Companies are also obliged to carry out risk assessments to ensure the PPE is appropriate for the individual worker. I might raise an FOI request for the DOH to provide me with a copy of the risk assessment Simon Harris signed off on before he mandated that I need to wear a face covering.

Not quite. The goverment reactions to the ā€œsingle variableā€ is what brought much of the world to a shuddering halt. There are examples of governments that took a different approach, and mitigated the shuddering halt.

3 Likes

Why do you think governments reacted in those ways?

Whatā€™s your assessment of whatā€™s currently going on in Florida, where deaths are now twice what they were at the previous height of the pandemic?

The Economist magazine now say up to 15 million people have died as a direct result of this pandemic. Are you dismissing this?

Which makes sense. Masks filter out dust especially highly dangerous wood dust such as in construction settings. If you look at painters, they wear or should be wearing an N95 respirator, not a cloth mask.

Flu and colds are spread mainly by droplet, so once again any barrier will help. How may times do you need to hear that Covid is airborne for it to sink in? Airborne means very very small particles that a cloth mask will not block.

Every properly conducted study has concluded that cloth masks are useless at preventing Covid transmission, just like they are useless blocking other airborne diseases like measles or TB. They are actually counter effective as the morons wearing them think they are protected and donā€™t practice social distancing.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s simply not true. Itā€™s a lie.

The reason you say it is because you are deeply attached to right wing culture war narratives. You canā€™t let go of them. These narratives have destroyed your ability to think critically.

And yours, in fairness :smiley:

Incorrect, the CDC says people with autoimmune disorders can get the vaccine but there is no data on safety. The lack of data would be the reason 12-18 year olds with these conditions ere excluded from the clinical trials.

The main issue with autoimmune diseases is we donā€™t really know what triggers them, there are various hypotheses like certain viruses and bacteria but nothing well evidenced. A lot of people have the genetic markers for autoimmune diseases but may or may not develop the disease. Generally when one disease is triggered another one follows, these diseases tend to come in pairs.

So as to risk, I have the markers for RA as it is in my family, discovered this over a decade ago through blood work. But I have no symptoms, so the disease never got triggered, thankfully. So when it came to a Covid vaccine I had concerns but I decided the risk of Covid was greater than the risks from RA for me personally . Itā€™s a different equation dealing with a child or adolescent where Covid is not much of a risk, I would think long and hard about vaccination for children with a history of autoimmune disease in their family due to lack of data.

On one hand you have a disease that is overwhelmingly likely to have mild symptoms for a few days, on the other hand a disease causing a lifetime of suffering. Would you take this decision lightly for a child in your care? Given there is no data.