Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

No I don’t think that’s the reason.

It would seem silly to deny that the open land border with the UK is a factor in high levels of spread when Donegal, Monaghan and Cavan are the three counties with the highest rates, and have consistently been among the highest since the start of the pandemic, certainly as far as I can recall.

No, it doesn’t. It shows that whatever the failings of them, they have been valuable.

Again you reach for your little Sun narrative.

What you’ve been saying for a long time has been bunkum. You wanted the pubs open last year, remember, because you could not conceive of anything outside 2019 normality and why anything outside 2019 normality might be necessary. Thanks for that.

I’ll give this covid situation one thing - its savagely divisive in fairness.

No I wasn’t. I supported water charges and the establishment of a national public utitlity to oversee the water system.

You’ve completely made up your “angle”. I’ve never said any such thing. I support a national heath service free at the point of delivery and I also do not support refusing healthcare to those who need it, regardless of whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated.

Is Sidney Thomas Brady? Fucking hell if that’s true.

1 Like

That assumes that those who are one side of a “divide” are equally legitimate to the other.

That is not so.

And part of the problem is that the media we have at the moment likes to portray crackpot views as deserving of the same legitimacy as sensible, science-led ones.

You have absolutely no evidence to show that anything you maintain is true. Meanwhile I have comparable countries that have removed restrictions far faster that have better outcomes.

Why does Ireland have more restrictions and see no benefit? Because the restrictions are ineffectual.

Surely you at least agree that MHQ is a farce at this point?

I objected to privitizing water,not paying for it.

1 Like

Your idea of “evidence” is basically the same as Carl Heneghan. Which is why Carl Heneghan is still stuck in a crazy position where he is defending the idea that the virus is not aerosol-transmitted and why he also had to delete a load of his tweets out of embarrassment.

Your view is that proximity and movement and interaction is not a factor in virus spread. Like, just how wrong do you want to be?

You were a headbanger back then mate, it’s ok to admit it. Your growth as a person since you left Sinn Fein is remarkable.

None of the above is any sort of persuasive case for the outcome you speculate on.

It’s the same rationale that says “don’t take the vaccine because of Big Pharma”.

It’s a narrative that is entirely based on the vilification of institutions, which is an ideological position, which when taken to it’s logical endpoint, means the collapse of society.

I don’t know who or what you’re on about.

I’ve consistently argued for effective and reasonable measures. At many points I’ve argued against people here for more restrictions.

MHQ was never effective nor reasonable, it is even less so now. Neither were nine euro meals. Neither are restrictions on outdoor events in summer.

Whereas you’re the lad that argued antigen testing would lead to a wave of infection. Bizarre view.

Ireland’s restrictions are neither effective nor reasonable. They’re a fig leaf. Perhaps you think the fig leaf is a good look with your tinfoil hat.

1 Like

I didn’t go to the bother of explaining what ADE is as you wouldn’t understand.

Society is collapsing, because of loons like you influencing governments. You would notice this if you went outside.

1 Like

If conducted on the basis of self testing, yes, it likely would.

If conducted on the basis of a mass national testing programme at approved locations, of 500,000 or 600,000 tests per day, including a PCR testing regime which was quadrupled, it would have been and still would likely be a significant tool in controlling Covid.

Which is why we should do exactly that this winter.

I totally agree with you on water. But I also believe people should not be treated as second class citizens for not taking experimental jabs that now clearly wane in efficacy over time.

I think the latter is a bigger issue. I do respect everyones view though.

I don’t think anyone here from the extreme under the bed crew to the OIUTF crew from April 2020 agree with each other totally either.

ADE sounds very like something that drives you round the twist when you get your news from Murdoch sources.

You’d want to get it checked out.

Oh look. Now you’re arguing for what I said we should do months ago.

No comment on all the other bits you’ve gotten wrong.

Lads look at Sweden. They’d no lockdown and now everyone is dead

2 Likes

@backinatracksuit , are you mandating masks on your students?

What sort of power do you think I have? Why the fuck would I do that if I could? And why are you even asking me that?

It was more a general question of what your school were doing?

Just interested to be honest.