Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

You have a cold, with cold symptoms. If you had Covid with symptoms your antigen tests would have been positive as they are very good at detecting active infection.

You’re arguing lots of things that have no bearing on the issue here. The % of unvaccinated old people in France or indeed Romania has nothing to do with Ireland. We are as highly vaccinated as anyone. World leaders in it. So it is different for us.

Here’s the graph of deaths in the UK below. They have quite clearly risen, then plateaued and come down again. As have their cases. Again. We have many reasons to be more optimistic than the UK.

1 Like

Can I show this post at work next week ?

Shur how could you have covid with your triple lock vaccine/mask/improved hamd hygiene combo? Haven’t you already been “better safe than sorry”?

1 Like

You can indeed.

I have a child in a primary school unfortunately for me.

Hmmnnn

“Quite clearly risen” are the three operative words there.

But unfortunately the dead don’t get to rise.

Funnily enough, or not so funnily, your prognostications and pontifications during this pandemic have mainly amounted to science fiction.

Ooooft.

:rofl:

And then plateaued and then fell. They are the other operative words.

133 deaths is the UK’s latest figure, mate. And Winter is coming.

Yeah I have heard that a lot of GPs won’t see you if you have any covid like symptoms. Regardless of how mild they want a test first.

You seem to value covid deaths above all others mate. People will die all the time. Some die of covid. It’s a deadly virus after all. Some die of othe things. Some are dying then get covid and still die.
Again, covid will not go away. We need to manage it. Now is a good time to start. As per the medical experts who advise our government. They happen to be one of the most risk averse set of medical experts in the world too.

10 Likes

We’ve taken the youngest for three tests in the past month.

Some dose. But, what can we do.

I value all deaths the same.

I place more emphasis on Covid deaths and illnesses in terms of what we are talking about here - because as long as Covid deaths and illnesses continue in any sort of numbers the functioning of society remains under serious threat.

This remains an existential crisis for societies.

2 Likes

You have to unfortunately. This time of year all kids get runny noses. It does piss me off that the doctors have a blanket request on testing. They should be able to treat all patients, its their job . But look it as you said what can you do. Fair enough if it’s an adult requesting to see the doctor but it’s very unfair to have a child get thr test multiple times in order to access treatment

Our child was presenting with a high temp each time so I suppose that’s a big no no as regards entering a crèche or a Doctors practice.

It’s a dose in that one of us has to take time off and then stay at home whilst awaiting a result.

1 Like

I really feel for people in your position. It must be frustrating but we all have to follow the instructions of the creche or school. I’ve colleagues who have had the same craic over the last month. Hopefully it won’t be for too much longer.

Big anti vax protest on the bridge neat cork opera house. Lunatics even by cark standard. Roared abuse out the window of the car for good measures. Its good for the soul to get anger out.