Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Italy, France and Germany all have more restrictions. We’re around the same level as the Netherlands. We’ve done well on vaccinations but are not an outlier. Our cases figures are not an outlier. If you want an outlier on case figures, I can point you next door.

That doesn’t fully explain it in fairness. Have vaccine passes, explain that masks in minimal areas of nightclubs or pubs are pointless and impractical and stand over the decision.

Most of Europe removed most restrictions last summer while we maintained more than everyone else. Recall Denmark? Red zoned countries are in the minority in Europe. And we’re well ahead of the average on vaccination.

1 Like

According to livleline just now, if you turn up in Ireland off a flight without evidence of a PCR test (or vaccination presumably) then you are obliged to present at a Garda station within three days to present a negative PCR test.

…

Ireland :rofl:

We’re 15th highest in Europe (excluding micro countries) for case figures per head of population in the last week.

Being ahead of the average for vaccination does not an outlier make. Portugal are an outlier.

Again, this is a measure of the stringency of restrictions by European countries.

Look up the meaning of the word outlier because it’s clear you don’t know what it means.

Some lads will never be happy until everyone is unhappy. Maybe they’re right. Democracy has ended up with our best and brightest deciding whether or not you should wear masks when dancing…in case people die…or in case it might influence the course of a pandemic

2 Likes

Dunno, I’d say anyone who got the vaccine was more interested in protection against the virus than it helping them to go clubbing

It’s all well and good to cherry pick the data when it suits you.

Most of Europe have removed all the restrictions we maintained over a month ago, in summer in some cases. You see Italy now rising to the top of that index because they now require passes to go to workplaces. But they’ve had hospitality functioning months before we’ve had.

No masks when dancing or drinking in a nightclub, I mean sure what else do people be doing? If you are shifting a randomer on the dance floor you’ll need to continue doing a dance of some sort, at least three leg movements per 10 second interval. Otherwise the local priest will be out with the ruler

1 Like

I’d say at least half if not more of people under 40 got it to help with the reopening above any protection. Just as well really seeing as the vaccine seemingly only works for 6 months so nowhere near what we were sold months ago.

2 Likes

Gig promoters haven’t a clue what they’re supposed to do now. Not sure it any of ye have ever organised a gig before, but even in normal times, it was a very stressful process. Very glad it’s not something that I do anymore.

1 Like

I’ve given you the actual data one would use to make the claim you did.

The data shows we are not an outlier.

You are wrong.

End of.

How are the little ladies gonna see you do the white mans overbite if you have a mask :mask: on.

Were Ireland an outlier in maintaining restrictions longer than the rest of Europe? Yes.

The government are basically putting in place regulations which will make it technically possible to open nightclubs and venues but functionally impossible for most.

You’d prefer if they’d just be honest.

You’re wrong. Move on.

Back at you.

Agreed. Just open them. Maintain passes. Acknowledge that putting a mask on while you go to the toilet is pointless.

What about if a massive punch up breaks out on the dancefloor do they have to put on masks?

1 Like

It isn’t safe to open them. That’s the reality. We’re walking into a disaster here anyway.