Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

The masks canā€™t be helping much either

Record levels of RSV so far

Itā€™s mostly the fact they havenā€™t been around other kids. The more colds kids get from 0-2 the better. Thatā€™s how they develop an immune system.

1 Like

Ah for Godā€™s sake would you ever fucking stop. A virus which can reinfect after 6 months, is resistant to vaccines and is similar in genetic makeup to a bunch of flu viruses that we canā€™t get rid of. But itā€™ll be selfishness and greed if we canā€™t get rid of it? Get real.

11 Likes

If every person in the country was vaccinated three times I would wager we would be in an excellent position to wipe this thing out.

And then we shut the borders to everybody not in the country during that time? For how long?

You donā€™t have to. Because a triple shot of vaccines likely gives the population enough immunity that the R rate disintegrates.

Whatever would be the small print of the outcome, it would leave the country in a very good position.

That we are unlikely to get to that position will be down to human choices.

'tis a fuckin gag you need

Mary??

Told you before. a CSE in woodwork wonā€™t get you into Mary IT

Itā€™s unlikely a booster shot will last longer than the original shots. The vulnerable will need regular boosters.

The vaccines do not work mate. Vaccinated can still contract the virus. They can still transmit it. They can still die from it.

1 Like

The vaccines do work. A quick comparison between the current death figures of 29% vaccinated Romania and western European countries which have vaccination rates between the high 60s and the 80s will very simply demonstrate that.

I think itā€™s important to manage our expectations, they are essentially just a prototypeā€¦they may go on to achieve considerable success, after some refinements etc

A mates 9 month old daughter just out after a week in temple st with it. A nasty one

3 Likes

Kids 5 times more likely to be hospitalised with it than Covid I never heard of it til couple of weeks ago

Pal in US has a kid with a heart condition. They got a RSV vaccine he was telling me but itā€™s not readily available and expensive so only kids with underlying conditions get it

1 Like

Our little fella spent 8 weeks in hospital with it, 6 of those in ICU. He was given last rites twice during that period. I had never heard of it either before he got it.

That vaccine costs 10k in Ireland. We had to fight tooth and nail for HSE to approve him the following year. Fact he was over 2 was a stumbling block. In the end, it did not matter as he passed before the start of the next RSV season.

43 Likes

Jesus. When was that. That must have been hell

Edit - sorry just seeing the edit now. I didnā€™t realised he passed. I remember now you had said it before. Sorry for that.

1 Like

March 2014, he caught it right at end of rsv season that year.

1 Like