Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

I’ve been following their numbers closely. It looks promising now but I don’t think we will know either way for definite until 4-5 months after the 3rd jabs have been rolled out. There is clearly a waning issue with them.

You’re setting yourself up for an all time great Internet fail here.

There should have been a mass booster programme in full fling by now, I agree, and it’s your heroes in NPHET and NIAC who are to blame for the lack of it, the same people who will now recommend the lockdown.

It is uncontrolled. We have no control of it. Having token measures which do not work - and what we have right now is pure tokenism - is not control. It is the exact opposite of control.

It’s Nero fiddling, it’s blah blah blah.

Nice straw manning. NPHET and NIAC are not and never have been “my heroes”. I engage my brain before listening to what anybody says.

2 Likes

So people working from home is not a control measure to minimise contacts and therefore spread? Do you think people aren’t working from home? I know of 2 government departments who had let people back in one day a week and that has now stopped. Half the lads on here are still wfh. Do you think its not happening? How would you try to control it?

That’s completely wrong. It’s mitigation.

The place would fall apart if we didn’t have lads WFH and/or civil servants

3 Likes

I respect that post @Cheasty , at least you have your view and you stick to it.

Nphet have got everything wrong to date.

Do you understand the difference between a control measure and having control?

I do mate. Let’s play thegame your way so. How would you control the virus? What would you do if you were the taoiseach?

Gotta go for a while. Back later

I’ve consistently laid out what I would do if you want to have a realistic chance of keeping society open.

Vaccine passports as a first prerequisite for entry into the discretionary economy. On top of that, a 72 hour pass system based on a negative PCR or antigen test. No entry without the both.

An expansion of testing capacity, work from home reinstated across the board, vaccine mandates for state workers, the encouragement of vaccine mandates by private businesses, mask mandates in schools, social distancing where possible, 25% capacity at sporting events, 25% capacity on public transport, comprehensive easy to access sick pay. Contact tracing in schools should return. Boosters for 60+ and frontline workers rolled out as an urgent priority. Vaccination down to 5 years of age rolled out as fast as possible. Boosters for all ages to follow. Spend the necessary millions to install in proper ventilation in public buildings.

Nightclubs will probably have to go with the situation we are in now I’m afraid. Schools may well have to go online again. I’ve said several times that if I had a child of school going age I would be keeping them out if at all possible.

2 Likes

yer man conor riocht is having an atrocious pandemic.
“hospitalizations are plateauing” insert a made up graph from excel 101 . junior cert
" oh thanks conor your data is the beessst"

28 days later…

1 Like

Robin putting the foot down! Have you given any thought to opening up Long Kesh again and putting the unvaxxed in it?

It’s funny. On the 19th of April he made a public statement saying he was against the idea. Two days later he wrote a private letter urging the executive to discuss it.
That’s the sort of scum we’re dealing with.

1 Like

I can’t understand how we are heading into December and there seems to be very little clarity in terms of what is happening with this.

Surely a wee bit strong there? Wee Robin’s just doing his best. You’re finding yourself on the same side as Baby Doc and Van the Cunt here. Strange bedfellows.

So why was he lying to the public? And why aren’t you bothered. Swann is an incompetent fuckwit…in what way has he measured up…fewer beds, fewer staff, longer waiting lists etc etc. Utterly useless with enough cute hoorism to dupe the masses by acting all serious.

1 Like

Are you still here

No. You?