Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

In the real world i dont know anyone who wants restrictions. Look at the crowds at pubs throughout Ireland this weekend. They will be packed.

The levels of delusion and self-importance are absolutely staggering.

6 Likes

We could be zero! :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, who wants restrictions?

In the real world, some people acknowledge they may be necessary.

But you have to live in the real world to acknowledge that.

What are the benefits of allowing wide Covid spread, as you desire?

Surely you must be able to come up with something?

I can’t really see anything positive about it.

What are lads worried about? This has been going on nearly 2 years and we’ve spent billions on it. We must have savage ICU capacity by now?

3 Likes

Aye, look at ya.

I’m not fully up on what has gone on here in the past, but it’s deeply unsettling from what I have pieced together

There certainly isn’t a vaccine that’s as dangerous…and it’s debatable whether or not you can call it a vaccine. A deputy editor of the bmj recently asked if it was called a drug would people accept it as readily…would it have gained such support without the pro/anti vax ideological identity warfare?

Your government requires you to take an injectable innovative drug without a long-term safety record. They will limit your freedoms unless you take this drug and you must carry proof of dosage. BTW, it doesn’t work as well as we thought, even though we assure you we know all about it, though we’re not sure etc…and you must take it every 6 months. Indefinitely …(did we mention this compulsory drug isn’t preventative or curative?)

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking this for months. Off the internet I haven’t met one single person who has been supportive of restrictions or has tempered their behaviour in the slightest apart from when they have had symptoms of sickness. No one turning down a night out, refusing an invite to a house, being strict about masks outside public settings, not wanting people in their house etc etc etc. Now I’m open minded and have a bit of humility to know I havent got a clue and maybe this is leading us on the road to disaster but it’s what I’ve observed. It’s too macro and abstract for people to care unless it directly effects them. It’s kind of like the environment or child poverty. How much do people temper their behaviour to change them. Not a whole lot in reality. Covid is kind of the same. People pay lip service in Clare Byrne polls but nobody really seems to care.

1 Like

Who are the anti-vaxxers?

I think we have plenty of people who feel vaccines should not be coerced on people but haven’t seen any anti-vaxxers here. I’m quite happy for people to get the vaccine if they so choose and quite happy they aren’t punished if that is their choice.

A fine straw man you’ve built there.

If this is people’s attitude, they shouldn’t bother complaining if we have to have another lockdown, or if they find themselves or a family member not getting necessary medical treatment, such as for, say, cancer.

Again, afraid to face up to the reality of your positions.

In a nutshell.

Now for the vaccine fascists.

2 Likes

The irony. Zero covid!

You’re making a fool of yourself. Performatively, I might add.

Real centrism has never been tried.

Seriously? From the guy who still won’t admit zero covid in Ireland is and always has been impossible and that he he got it completely wrong?

The reason we are in the situation we are now is because we didn’t listen to people who actually knew what they were talking about - ie. who advocated zero tolerance for Covid - and instead listened to pea brains who think like you do who labour under fantastical delusions and have got it wrong again and again and again.

You know full well you’ve got it wrong again and again and again, which is why you’ve now reduced yourself to performative troll status.