Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

ā€žLob it into me Dodiā€?

2 Likes

You had an interesting post yesterday about nobody you know in REAL LIFE obeying the restrictions, or at least not stringently anyway. I donā€™t think itā€™s contentious to say thereā€™s definitely been a big change as time has passed, partly because you canā€™t expect people to fully comply indefinitely and probably more so because of the vaccine.

[Anti-vaxx nuts skip this bit]Obviously the vaccine doesnā€™t prevent transmission to the extent hoped for but it lessens the impact of the virus on those who get it. People are much more likely to take their chances armed with this knowledge. Plus older people are getting the booster now[/Anti-vaxx nuts jump back in now].

I was thinking back to the revulsion, opprobrium and anger back in, say, September 2020 when lads with Covid played county finals. Now youā€™d get ridiculed for not playing in a match if you had it. Youā€™d be called a pussy and told to get on with it and cough all over your opponent to psyche him out of it.

3 Likes

Just got a text there from the lovely people at the Ministry of Health ā€žfair play to you balbec for being fully vaxxed. You can sign for your third shot from 29-11 and extend your vaccine cert by a yearā€

3 Likes

My dad is quite sick. This would be a rare occurrence. Hes had two negative antigens and a negative PCR. Heā€™s had both his booster and his flu jab and he will, and I quote, ā€œnever again getting the fucking things.ā€

6 Likes

Pete Lunn is back cc @Tim_Riggins

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/1120/1262113-covid-ireland/

1 Like

Pete Lunn only seems to get rolled out to say ā€œor data tells us people want more restrictionsā€. Never the other way.

4 Likes

For sleeping with @Tank ?

3 Likes

@Tank deserves all the happiness in the world.

3 Likes

Archbishop Tony working his magic today. 5,959 new cases but only 4,427 positive swabs yesterday.

Surely Holohanā€™s appeal to the government not to subsidise antigen testing is a genuine scandal and he should be sacked?

1 Like

De Gascun is sticking it up to him.

I think Pete spends all day reading opinion polls/surveys and then deems the ā€œinfoā€ to be fact

Only a bad egg wouldnā€™t want the best for @tank

Not only that, but arguing against the government about it in the meeting until Martin told him it was decided and to shut up. He then left the meeting and wrote to the health minister to ask him to reverse the decision (of government). As reported in the examiner. The guy is an absolute renegade, they must have loads of grounds to fire him at this stage.

1 Like

Sure at the end of the day we all want the best for one another ā€¦

1 Like

I love you bro.

1 Like

Nearly 6k cases, itā€™s over lads, serious L5 coming

For not being a bit of a trollop is how it came across. It didnā€™t read well, to be honest. @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy has a good take on these things, so Iā€™d appreciate his thoughts on it.

1 Like

Yes. Thatā€™s the scandal that should see Holohan sacked. Not his ongoing scurrilous mismanagement of the CervicalCheck scandal, or his ongoing lack of acknowledgement that epidemiology is but one pillar of public health practice (and the impact that failure has on the public). No, itā€™s definitely his appeal to the government not to subsidise antigen testing.

2 Likes

Those are sunk costs. Iā€™m referring to this in its individual context because itā€™s just happened. Donā€™t be getting snarky with me, Daniel Kinahan.