Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

You can’t get chicken pox twice though can ya?

I remember first time I went to cinema in the US and was surprised at how vocal the audience were versus at home. Cheers and shouts when a bad guy got his inevitable Hollywood come uppance. Maybe it was the 5 litres of Coca Cola they had drank but I thought it was great.

7 Likes

I think the virus lies dormant and in immuno comprised people manifests as shingles in adulthood

For Rocky 4 the Capitol cinema employed somebody to start cheering during the fight, so by the closing rounds it was absolutely mental in there, my best ever movie experience.

You can get chickenpox a second time @Arthur though it is rare, my daughter had a mild dose first and a biblical dose second time around, though chickenpox spreads far quicker than Covid I’d say

4 Likes

You don’t have to be immuno-compromised to get shingles.

2 Likes

Correct. One of the main reasons children are not vaccinated against chicken pox is you lose natural immunity in the population and have higher risk of shingles in the older population.

I remember a bit of riding in a film I was watching in a cinema in Miami … people cheering and shouting “oh yeah , he’s going for it “ and “ you go get some “… fookin mental…

7 Likes

According to the CDC the Delta variant is similar enough to chickenpox, R0 around 8-10. Measles would be a fair bit higher around 16.

Independence Day in America would have been off the charts - USA USA USA.

2 Likes

I remember a close friend of @Funtime and @anon98850436 said he thought the second time watching pulp fiction was better than the first time as the crowd in the cinema were more up for it

4 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

“All but” in their still.

Even when she got the biblical dose she was still only the second biggest pox in the family.

And down the stretch we come

I have been fairly critical of NPHET and the Government but they have been solid on vaccine efficacy.

4 Likes

It was quite the shock to a young Tim used to the silence of the Ormonde Stillorgan for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom to go to a suburban multiplex in Illinois to watch the Last Crusade.

3 Likes

I went to see Bad Boys 2 in a cinema in Wildwood NJ, the kilkee if you will for Philadelphia’s less opulent residents. Some were on their feet for close to two hours, shouting, punching the air and in the direction of the characters on screen, one lady constantly forewarning of impending chaotic scenes with an audible ‘oh he it comes’ another gentleman actually calling for excessive police violence, urging the protagonists to regularly ‘shoot that muthafucka’

10 Likes

It’s early days, they have the weekend and Monday to leak all the details before MM makes any announcement.