Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Keep hearing about the N95. Not sure what the road from thurles to ballinasloe has to do with covid.

1 Like

The thing with the vaccines is itā€™s a bit disingenuous to compare with historical vaccines. Every vaccine up to Covid was either a dead or deactivated virus, so the risk compared to the actual disease was close to zero. The Covid vaccines are nothing like traditional vaccines. This is the first time we have used a vaccine that programs our cells to make a protein that is not a human protein, so the risk profile is different. We simply donā€™t know enough about long term effects, anyone claiming certainty on this is simply being dishonest.

Itā€™s what makes the decision on vaccinating children particularly difficult and why a lot of health professionals are wary of the vaccines. The biggest worry I have heard is the risk of triggering an autoimmune disease which would not happen quickly as they can take years to manifest after they are triggered.

3 Likes

:clap: :clap:

1 Like

Its a gene vaccine - synthetic science.

It is something new and it hasnt really been trialled all that much.

FDA approval during the week.

Each to their own.

Which health professionals exactly?

Who exactly has voiced the concern about autoimmune disease?

The statement that immunity from vaccination is stronger than from infection was speculation at the time, but spoken as if evidenced, and has now been shown to be wrong. He was wrong on Israel who are now seeing lots of breakthrough infections.

I donā€™t follow or read Berenson or frankly many journalists as they are mostly interested in sensational headlines. I follow people that have credibility, and in fairness Topol who you quoted is one of them.

My own contacts in the medical field.

Speaking publicly against the media narrative is risky business, I personally know two doctors who lost their jobs for expressing concerns about Covid vaccines. These are not black and white issues regardless of how you would like to portray it as such.

You would have to understand autoimmune diseases and how they are triggered to a fairly high level to understand the concern.

It hasnā€™t been shown to be wrong.

The evidence is not conclusive. You have taken a non peer reviewed pre-print about which significant concerns have been voiced and taken it as gospel.

Iā€™m quite familiar with Berenson having become aware of him about a year ago. Berenson is a classic predatory grifter, he is not a good faith actor and it is obvious he cares about nothing other than making money, and doesnā€™t care how he makes it. Your problem is that you see no boundary whatsoever between bad faith predatory grifters and anybody who ever makes a good faith mistake or misjudgment . And you always come down far harder on the latter than the former, which betrays a terrible judgment regarding sources of all types.

The US right-wing ecosphere is utterly infested with these predatory grifters. There isnā€™t remotely the same problem on the ā€œleftā€, though they do exist. The toxic Jimmy Dore, a peddler of hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin, who you have eulogised here, is most definitely one of them, although I would strongly argue he is not left at all and merely an entrepreneurial predator who sees a market.

Thatā€™s awfully vague.

Doctors expressing ā€œconcernsā€ about Covid vaccines seems a one way ticket to $$$$$$.

Its not hard to fathom that the human immune system could figure out this virus in fairness. We are around long enough.

But nowadays we need to vaccinate/medicate everyone down to three year olds in Israel.

Its the wrong path to take in my view.

Iā€™m no scientist either - far from it. I think its basic common sense though.

Best practice here is to stay at home if youā€™re feeling sick. Unless you are coughing or sneezing, a face covering is virtually worthless. Also, they are not without risk either.

1 Like

We are talking about claims and evidence to support them. The claim has been made that vaccine immunity is stronger than immunity from infection since very early on in the vaccination cycle. There was no evidence for that yet you and others just lap it up. The Israel study is the first large scale study which demonstrates the opposite, based on actual evidence. So he was wrong.

Iā€™ve never eulogized Jimmy Dore or any other commentator.

You are simply too blinded by ideology to think and debate rationally, and you are completely out of your depth on science and medical matters.

Losing your job is hardly a $$$ benefit?

@cheasty, can you take away your political prejudices for a minute.

Can you tell me why its beneficial for a 3 year old to have a MRNA vaccine, mate?

What is the risk/return on that for a child?

Thatā€™s easily disproved.

To be fair if youā€™re a doctor who is telling people not to get vaccinated I donā€™t think you can complain about losing your job. Such a doctor losing their job would be proper order.

Hardly Covid related, but that was a good expose of the nutcase Rachel Maddow (that you eulogize).

If you watched more Maddow youā€™d be less nuts, mate. Or just stop watching whatever right-wing culture war nonsense you watch,

Once again with the black and white. The risk spectrum of Covid for different age groups, especially children, is a discussion that any doctor worth their salt would have with their patients. I personally know several doctors who will not have their children vaccinated and to argue they should be fired for this is fascism. But you are a fascist at heart.

Iā€™d a sore throat and an aul bit of a fever during the week.

Didnā€™t leave the house. 48hrs later I was the finest.

Probably Covid. :joy: or else hayfever.