Coronavirus Thread (sponsored by Anthony Fauci & Pfizer) (Part 5)

Complaining about “black and white” and then calling people “fascist”. :grinning:

You really need to read your posts back to yourself before hitting “send”.

@Cheasty is livid that normality is close to returning and before he accuses me of being an anti vaxxer I am fully vaccinated but we need to live with this virus and come to a realisation that a certain number will die from it each year. As has been widely reported by the HSPC the median age for deaths is 83 let’s get on with living and let people make their own risk assessments of what environments they are comfortable with or not.

5 Likes

That would be to ignore Manaus. Where a study showed 76% of the population had already had Covid by October 2020, above the theoretical herd immunity threshold.

Manaus was then utterly ravaged by P1 in January.

Somebody’s home from the pub.

I’m the same as you @Bod95 in terms of my view , I didnt bother with the inoculations though.

Never will either. Donnelly, Paul Reid and Holohan can stick it up their hole.

3 Likes

You are free to refuse vaccination but don’t complain if you lose your job. There won’t be many listening.

Pubs closed at 11:30 nearest one is 5 minutes away game set and match to me if that’s the best you can do in terms of a non response to my point.

You didn’t make a point. Your “point” was irrational personal abuse.

I’ve everything sorted in that regard pal. I know I mentioned that previously on here but its not the case now thankfully.

Your boys from People Before Profit pushing mandatory jabs will have to work harder.

1 Like

My “point” from published verifiable stats from the HSPC about the median age of COVID deaths.

2 Likes

It is now fairly established that herd immunity is not achievable with Covid. The evidence is that immunity wanes, and people get reinfected as happened in Manaus, what the Israel study shows is that several months after vaccination or after infection, the vaccinated are much more likely to get reinfected. So essentially you can’t avoid infection, unless you stay away from other humans forever.

I’m simply pointing out that if you were to take the Israel study as gospel, what happened in January in Manaus shouldn’t have been possible.

The choice is clear. Everybody should get vaccinated. Anybody who doesn’t is a flute.

That isn’t a “point”. A point has to have some sort of coherent argument behind it. It has to be in context.

@Cheasty

Why would he lose his job over exercising his right to bodily integrity? Employers face a high legal risk in mandating that employees be vaccinated. All people in this country have a right to autonomy, bodily integrity, and indeed privacy under our constitution. Some people cannot have a vaccine on medical grounds or even religious grounds, and if employers fail to recognise this they would be falling foul of employment equality legislation. Mandating that all employees must be vaccinated runs a high risk of discriminating against individual employees.

In fact, in Ireland, an employer cannot even ask an employee whether they have been vaccinated or not. The Data Protection Commission has explicitly stated that “information about a person’s vaccination status is special category personal data for the purposes of the GDPR. It represents part of their personal health record, and is afforded additional protections under data protection law.”

6 Likes

There you go could only find up to May but context should be enough for you Median age 83 in verifiable data it’s called a fact in layman’s language

No scientist takes anything as gospel. Manaus demonstrated that reinfection was possible, at least with a new variant. Israel demonstrates exactly the same thing, this time with the Delta variant, and furthermore that reinfection is 13x more likely among the vaccinated than those with prior infection.

My advice to any adult would be to get vaccinated, but it is not the trivial decision you portray it as for everyone.

Emergency powers.

It would be a shame to see GDPR rode roughshod over like that.

I’m very allergic to (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis and (2- hexyldecanoate),2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, so I reckon I could get a pass anyway.

1 Like

Because by continuing in his job he is putting others at risk and society at risk during the most serious pandemic for a century.

This is especially pertinent if the job involves contact with the most at risk groups.

When the pandemic struck we stopped home care. Were my father still alive and we once again had home care, the first question we would ask is was the carer vaccinated. If the carer was not vaccinated or refused to answer the question I would have no hesitation denying them access t the house. Similarly with doctors, nurses or anybody else in frontline healthcare, were I being treated in hospital I would expect staff treating me to have the cop on to be vaccinated and if I found out they were not I would refuse to have contact with them.

I would pretty much apply this rule to close contact with all others in general. I would have no sympathy for anybody who loses their jobs over being an arsehole as regards vaccination. They are choosing to put others at risk for the hell of it.

3 Likes