Coronavirus Thread (Markey hates Immigrants )

Indeed, but then again I’m not the person claiming anybody is infallible, so you’ll have to take it up with somebody who has made that argument.

You weren’t involved in the conversation as you were banned from the site at the time.

1 Like

Archbishop Holohan was hosting a huge conference at the time with delegates flying into Dublin from all over the world

7 Likes

If I was banned from it how would I have been able to read it? I do seem to recall having a discussion with you shortly before Christmas in which you said words to the effect that the UK variant was bullshit. That was another beauty of a terrible take.

Fire up the post up where I said the UK variant was bullshit.

Here’s three.

1 Like

Denmark’s stadium rocking here. Meanwhile we are running a trial in HQ with a little over 2,000 fucking people. You’d have more chance catching it going into Supervalue to collect the ticket.

8 Likes

The delegates were on the ball that Paddy has an awful problem with the drink.

The Danes all on the tonic water this morning to bluff the test

Huge spike in Butter sales

That’s one of the worst articles I’ve seen written on the topic, it’s riddled with inaccuracies and obviously the author has zero scientific background. So the “actual expert” you choose is a know nothing.

The difference between you and I is I actually understand the science involved (to a reasonable level, but I work with plenty who understand it as well as anyone) and you do not have a clue.

Sure you understand the science. As your posts above calling the UK variant “bullshit” would attest.

I suppose all articles that don’t conform with a narrative you’re desperately trying to push as part of your deranged culture war are “terrible” articles, “riddled with inaccuracies”. Unlike your posts, which never contain any inaccuracies.

Jaysus, tis nearly too easy to clamp him at this stage.

I sort of feel bad doing it.

There was absolutely no scientific evidence in December that it was more infectious than previous strains, just speculation. So everything I said there in December was correct.

A lot of the dialog regarding infectiousness relates back to the mistake that was made early on that the disease spread via droplets, and the failure to correct this mistake even up to today. This was a highly infectious virus from the beginning, the R0 is probably 5 or 6. Finding humans to infect is not one of it’s problems.

Look, mate, you took a hard and fast position based on things which clearly weren’t to do with the actual search for knowledge but as part of some kind of wider political/culture war angle. The position quickly proved very wrong. Accept it and move on.

Ok so let’s test out your knowledge. In the seventh paragraph the author talks about villagers in Yunnan testing positive for SARS and how this may have occurred. Is he correct?

He’ll have 4 screens open Googling

2 Likes

I don’t take any position on Covid based on politics or culture wars, any beliefs I have are based on science. Which I have been correct on 99% of the time since starting the first Covid thread in mid January 2020.

I haven’t a clue. But what I am sure about is that there are several such articles knocking around in reputable publications and I haven’t seen any contradicting them.

What I’m also sure about is that you don’t have the critical tools to decipher reality from fiction, because your mindset is that of a far right US culture warrior who literally believes what they want and chucks everything else on the scrapheap.

You’ve been wrong on almost everything since you started posting here back in 2015 or whatever it was, and the pandemic so far hasn’t been an exception.