Couriers

Yes I had a delivery from a random lad in a car at one stage as well.

The first courier today was in a Hertz Rental Van and the packages were piled up in the passenger seat. Flat to the mat I’d say. It was an post who delivered to us three different times, which seems mental, doesn’t seem like a very efficient system for them.

Driving instructor delivered some stuff to me. Fair play to him not just sitting on his hole.

#cashinhand

1 Like

Takeaway near me has never had a credit card machine - cash only business.

They now have a sign on window apologising that their credit card machine is out of order.

5 Likes

At this stage it’s fair to say any business not taking card needs a visit from revenue

1 Like

Even out the sticks we have two postmen running the route. One with the letters, the other with the parcels.

iPhone repair timeline:

• Order box from Apple on Monday
  • Box to ship to Apple arrives on Tuesday
  • Collection of box requested at Wednesday lunchtime (should have been done as soon as the box arrived really)
  • Box collected Wednesday circa 4pm
  • Repaired iPhone returned from Czechia Friday 1pm

Phenomenal efficiency from the point of collection to return.

4 Likes

Ya I’d say it was the normal postman with the small package and then two different parcel lads.

My postman is complaining about all the packages people order.

I sympathise and say world has gone mad and people losing run of themselves.

As he hands me a package.

5 Likes

According to he Leader yesterday sales of sex toys online are up 500% since the beginning of the pandemic. Just saying.

1 Like

They used not bother with repairs before.

Had one with a small fault in it eleven months into warranty. Had to bring it in to a shop in Limerick that Apple sent me. Asked how long it would take to repair. They said Apple don’t do repairs, they’ll be sending you a new phone.

We got a delivery from some courier last Sunday. Those lads are flat to the mat .

Tell him* he’d be out of the job if he was relying on people sending postcards and letters. Even most bills have gone paperless. Online shopping is keeping An Post on the go

*Mutter it under your breath, otherwise your next package will end up in the ditch

Just got a delivery there from a taxi.

In work we’d often use taxis to collect and drop parts from Dublin to Cork if it was urgent instead of waiting for it the next day.

The fare would cos around 325 euro I think.

There’s a serious buzz about sex toy sales

3 Likes

Been going on for long before the virus on the mainland. Any random lad.

Lads driving bangers of cars with boxes of shite stuffed in every angle. They are going non stop here in the capital

1 Like

You dirty auld dog. Hope she was worth it