Coursing 2010/11 - The Road to Clonmel

[quote=ā€œmanaboutdog, post: 509483ā€]All dealings with the judiciary have been satisfactorily completed, and both sides parted amicably, full steam ahead for next years festivitiesā€¦

Nearly time to be getting dogs into trainingā€¦ HB, is it worth including Houdini on one of my fantasy coursing dockets?[/quote]

Dogs were put up on Walker yesterday, so its all systems go nowā€¦

MAD, Houdiniā€™s form will be posted here ahead of Fantasy deadlines.

New thread will be launched tomorrow after AGM.

You didnā€™t do a very good job of sorting us out with a dog for the coming year

I see a lovely piece about SMARK in last weeks Sporting Press. The more stuff thatā€™s written about this great man the better.

Northā€™s hare-coursing ban becomes permanent

17/08/2011 - 09:32:41
A permanent ban on hare-coursing events was introduced in the North today.

It is an offence to organise or attend a meeting or possess animals for that purpose.

The Northā€™s Environment Minister Alex Attwood said: ā€œHare-coursing events should not take place in a modern, progressive, civilised society. We all have a responsibility to protect our wildlife and certainly I want to do everything in my power to do that.

ā€œWhile hare-coursing events in Northern Ireland have been prevented for a number of years on a temporary basis, the ban I am introducing is a permanent one and a positive step forward.ā€

The ban is part of the Wildlife and Natural Environment Act which became law today. This legislation is the primary way of conserving the Northā€™s threatened wildlife.

The Assembly voted for a permanent ban in June of last year under previous Environment Minister Edwin Poots.

Many MLAs spoke against the staging of coursing events where muzzled greyhounds race after a hare.

While injuries to hares declined sharply after the introduction of muzzles, coursing meetings have remained controversial in the North and have been the subject of a series of temporary bans since the measure was first introduced in 2004. Former Environment Minister Angela Smith supported the ban and it was upheld by the Northern Ireland High Court.

Opponents of the practice like the League Against Cruel Sports maintain that most people in the North support a ban. Advocates like the Countryside Alliance believe the number of hares has increased.

Mary Friel, the Leagueā€™s Northern Ireland campaigner, said: ā€œThe League Against Cruel Sports is delighted that the Northern Ireland Assembly has finally and permanently banned the barbaric sport of hare coursing.

ā€œThis historic decision is a huge step forward in eradicating cruel blood sports and we look forward to the Assembly making more improvements to animal welfare such as banning the use of snares.ā€[/left]

Only saw this now, I know yeah, We left it a bit late. This year will be a watching brief before we launch a blitzkrieg scattergun type attack on the 2013 Oaks. :cool:

Ah sure the whole coursing crew are scattered to the four corners of the earth now anyways.

Did my bitch take from that leper you sent her to?

Yeah Iā€™d say thereā€™s a couple of lurchers in there anyway

Did we ever get that new thread? I canā€™t find it.

HB, Any final update for me before I seal the envelope on my Fantasy entry???

Serious cup to kick off proceedings in Kilflynn, Kyle Basil returning to the scene of his first triumph last season and joined by a plethora of other cup & TS winners.

Have been meaning to clear my schedule and book flight home for Clonmel, will do it tomorrow. :pint:

Cant waitā€¦ Best Cup in years in Kilflynnn.

Its going to be a vintage season.

I can report that Gortglas Houdini is ready for an Irish Cup assault and I have two real hopes for Derby and Oaks glory.

As most of my access here is now via iPhone, I havent got to a full preview done.

In summarry, Kilflynn have an unreal cup this weekend, all focus will be Kilpeacon, Gadget, Kyle, but Dodo Deal could rattle a few cages and Highland Hawk is one to watch this season, was one of the real unlucky ones last year. Call Her Now should piss the bitch stake.

My season will hopefully start in Ballinaboola nxt week with a Wallace Green bitch (ex InAllHerGlory) that is showing a small bit, the it will be Lougrea for Connaught Cup and EoinRua dog (ex Thanks Harriet) in TS. Had another dog pup but wont make the grade.

I must have been drunk posting the above as Sold The Dream obviously won in Kilflynn last year. Kyle Basil was rode in the QF or SF (cant rememeber now)

Iā€™ll head back on Sunday for a look, before hitting Glin the following week, Could there be a Derby Pines / Kyle Ranger rematch in the Desmond Cup?

Any reports on the weekend action?

Glin Cup Draw:

[b] Tubbermartin Jim
Knockbrack Eoin

Shanavullen Pines
Mucky Eamonn

Gold Pine
Aghadown Martin

Chancey Eoin
Crafty Emporio

Shining Toby
Dodo deal

Castlemartyr Law
Tipoka

Shift Highlander
Liscahane fire

Tubbermartin Lad
Kyle Ranger

Gale force Wind
Master Mac Aroo

Ballyrock Eoin
Ashmore Turbo

Actimed
Killimer Matey

Blackeyed Sailor
City Terminator

Kerry Calling
Bellated Bounty

Captain Drew
Caesars Music

Critics Club
Cooga Blue boy

Derby Pines
Inch Harmony[/b]

Inthepub won the TS at Liscannor. Wouldnā€™t mind hearing some reports from some of the more knowledgeable posters who may or may not have been in attendanceā€¦

All Age Bitch Draw:

[b] ALL AGE BITCH STAKE:

Oilean Lilo
Portenard Nine

Skellig Mania
Loughshore Blaze

Sudden Lilly
Missus Jingles

Central Model
Cherry Grove Meg

Party Flamingo
Marys Lady

Ballybrack Ali
Have We Six

Vintage Mucky
Why Tanyard Penny

Tanyard Kerry
Delightful Mark

Reserve
A Shift Queensland
B Lurgan Queen[/b]

Thanks Runt for posting the draw, much appreciated by the coursing fraternity on here.

A serious cup will draw massive crowds over the weekend.

There was top notch trials in Glin yesterday morning, the hares ran like stags, so a great weekend is in store.

If possible the cup in Glin is almost better than Kilflynnā€¦, what a season this will be.

My season starts in Ballinaboola, New Ross on Sat when Kilara Milanie goes to slips, she is only 5 weeks in training, so 1 flag would be a bonus.

Has top trainer Pat Curtin any runners at Glin?

That cunt can FOAD

Ah lovely.