Covid 19 🐐- It's Back Baby!

Morale is on the floor, particularly among the younger generation.

1 Like

destroying Irish society and the economy is a very small price to pay to make sure no one gets this deadly virus

3 Likes

fuck em, apart from @Copper_pipe time they got some mad resilience skillz

Will we the dig the hole for you now and be done with it?

The lockdown has been the greatest thing to ever happen me. Instead of wasting time on small talk with people I’ve no interest in, I’ve gotten to spend that time doing meaningful things. I’m sure most of you are the same… the country will be enlightened when this is all over. It will be a sea of tranquility.

1 Like

they don’t know how lucky they are, my grandfather stormed the beach in Normandy on d day, todays generation are being asked to sit at home and watch netflix and ate takeaways for a few years

2 Likes

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin

1 Like

They want everything handed to them. They need to be told how to live and how to find meaning… for most of them this means material things and drink. They have no idea of the sacrifices made so they can enjoy their dull lives.

they can get up in the morning and go for a walk within the five k limit, enjoy nature and don’t be worried about going on foreign holidays or the pub, these things are meaningless

The issue is with no distractions a lot of these lads are realising they don’t like themselves. They can’t just be… That should be liberating tho as now they know why they want to drink themselves stupid every weekend and they can fix it.

I’m murder for spending half of meetings talking off topic, stems from my displine in school of distracting teachers. But it was evident from talking to the mother who will go on for hours with news etc. Its heart breaking with the lack of news and all you end up talking about is covid, what you try to avoid

Its one of the impacts that I hope is quickly forgotten about when covid is over. There is a real sense of hopelessness atm. The government arensaying level 5 will be kept going until February, no one has blinked at that and accepted it. Thats the reality

1 Like

Can you wait till 2023 so the irish rugby team can let us down again?

There was a time when people used have a few stories to tell each other. Matches/Weddings/Concerts/Nights Out/Mass were great.

Now people sit in watching CNN and Prime Time looking at their phones 7 days a week and might get out to take a picture of a sunset or something.

2 Likes

The young posters can participate in riding and drugs during the upcoming roaring 20s. The old folks telling you to suck it up will continue drinking cans at home so nothing changes for them.

3 Likes

when covid is gone, which it will be, this time will be remembered, but like all major events that have gone on, the details will be forgotten. Life will go on as normal and it will be a reeling in the years moment. Jaysus do you remember the pandemic of '19

Economies will recover, people will recover. Some people will flourish, some people won’t.

Life.

4 Likes

Delighted for you that you have found good during all this. I think most have found some positives. I find that as a whole your finding people are losing the social interactions and benefits from that. Particularly after Christmas

Well fuck me, January is a depressing time, who would have thought it.

Yeah its difficult particularly this time of year. Get up its dark go to work and its dark when home. At least with matches/weddings/events it was something to look forward to and reflect on for the week. You can take everything else with a pinch. Without it as simple Simon would say its a punch in the gut