Covid 19 🐐- It's Back Baby!

The jollying up bit? No it didn’t and nor should it.

Vulnerable were protected, particularly in the early days and if there is one thing out of the whole pandemic which could b/c said was wrong it was that. People dying alone FFS sake.

But what seems to be suggested is that the vulnerable should shoulder the entire burden of that wicked disease, isolate them, and let the rest of us get on with our lives. That would involve an even tighter restriction on them considering the likelihood of the general population including carers being riddled with it.

1 Like

You are a piece of shit.

As it was in the beginning

I’ll leave it at that.

Ah I see you are just winding, carry on.

So you are saying that the vulnerable were locked up but not protected and presumably think that the lockdowns in place were needless and this wouldn’t have favourably impacted the protection of the vulnerable?

Nobodies going to break new ground lads. What a redundant argument

6 Likes

In fairness you seem to be the only person who has dreamt of such a situation

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s not very decent or compassionate now is it.

Like most in society who bleat about Covid you have a fundamental lack of understanding of the subject. Covid is an airborne disease, if you understoood that you would understand how utterly stupid your utterances and those of the majority of other morons are.

Try and think for a change, how might you protect those who are vulnerable from an airborne disease? Think measles, how would you protect a child who is immune compromised if there is an outbreak of measles. Would you stop all children going to school?

You constantly put words in my mouth that I did not say. See, I do not have an absolutist mindset, like you. I do not believe any ‘black and white’ nonsense, which is the ultimate simplicity.

You benefited, and continue to benefit, from Covid measures. Man on a trampoline decrying bounciness.

A maximum of eight people, as of November 2020 in Sweden, were allowed attend a public event.

Sports and cultural events, schools never closed nor restaurants and bars, although numbers were limited. Again, nothing wrong with sensible restrictions, especially in the early stages of a wave.

Beats a level 5 lockdown, the 5km limit, closing schools, 9 Euro meals, etc.

2 Likes

It is very dishonest to pick up a study which relies on China scientists for this.

Clearly social distancing works and the harder you go the quicker you get it down.

That doesn’t mean it suits everyone or is the approach to take for a virus that has spread across multiple borders and is endemic.

For those saying “lockdowns” worked, where? China style? Australia?

I’d probably advocate shutting the borders hard on the place that has the next novel virus that shows the ability to spread, but I also recognise that we have delayed info and that this is a dangerous long term approach.

1 Like

One area that Sweden had a strange divergence from countries with even hard lockdowns was on sporting events. They were always against them.

At a micro level it works. No question.

It just isn’t a way for someone to run a society long term.

Without that vaccine (whether you think it worked or not) we were absolutely fucked as Ireland talked itself into harder lockdowns with diminishing returns.

You need to get your facts square. Swedish secondary schools were closed. Primary schools were never closed there. I repeat: a group of eight people was the maximum allowed in public as of November 2020. For most events, such as a gig or a play, that maximum obviously constituted a de facto shutdown.

You are not describing Sweden. You are describing ‘Sweden’, a place created by magical right wing thinking.

Stop addressing me. I will put the matter politely, this time.

What was twice UEFA Cup winners IFK Gothenburg’s total attendance for the 2020 Swedish League season?

Could it be argued variants are bollocks and it’s essentially Covid itself losing its punch over a 4-5 year period?

I can’t be arsed looking back for it but I posted way back that it was going to take 4 plus years to disappear as per past pandemic’s.

Although some sneer at the suggestion, it hasn’t yet gone away.

You’re right, Sweden had the same lockdown measures as everyone else.