Crash at Cork Airport

Dobbo says usual procedure is to abort after second attempt and I see no reason to doubt the great man.

Some piloting expert said this morning that these aircraft normally carry enough fuel to get them to the destination, and about 30 mins of fuel for ‘holding’. They were saying that the pilot waited 20 mins to attempt the second landing which was “unusually long”. Maybe they were nearly out of fuel. Seems strange that a small plane like that didn’t burn up completely once it caught fire.

Cork Airport indeed isn’t in the best spot available, IMO.

Ya Cork is a shithole.

A partner from one of the Big Four accouting firms among the dead apparently.

Yes, I heard that as well.
From the Belfast office.

planes tend not to burn, being metallic. fuel burns. passengers burn (or more commonly, suffocate from the smoke).

the interesting question here is did the plane invert on approach, or on impact.

The rear of the plane was described as being “a pile of ashes”, so for the purposes of the question posed ‘burned’ is sufficiently technical to capture the essence of the question.

oh well, if some expert said so, who am I to disagree?

here: apologies for source

the engines burnt, fuselage seems pretty unblackened to me.
(admittedly it’s upside-down and looks as if part of it has been sheared off)

so much for the inverted approach:

Witnesses said the plane struck the runway which catapulted it into the air. The plane then spun over in the air before landing on its roof.

:lol:

Is that their only story on it?

I refuse to read the rest of that site, so cannot answer that question.

Did ye win the match, mickee?

They were playing Ballinora Dunph, of course they won.

it was a draw Dunph,
Alan Bennett was sent off for Ballinora , then he had a row with the trainer who accused him of not being fit enough due to his poor diet.
there was something about it in the examier once one of the wexford lads on here told me…

FFS

[quote=“mickee321, post: 562480”]
it was a draw Dunph,
Alan Bennett was sent off for Ballinora , then he had a row with the trainer who accused him of not being fit enough due to his poor diet.
there was something about it in the examier once one of the wexford lads on here told me…[/quote]

Something in the examiner about that particular match? Must have been a feisty affair…

its possible the events in this match may have been a catalyst or a contributing factor , yes.
there are others on here who may be able to verify

Partner in KPMG and Martin McLeese 1st cousin are 2 of the dead named. I know a pilot and he has told me many times that Cork is noted as being a shit place to have to land. Its always foggy, up v high next to the coast that cant be much of a surprise to them

SEE SEE. THIS AUL SHITE.