Crazy Dublin Rents and House Prices

https://www.daft.ie/limerick/house-share/castletroy/213-elm-grove-close-castletroy-castletroy-limerick-1036457/

Property Description:

Walking distance to UL

7500 for room with ensuite
Includes all utilities WiFi, Bins, Electricity and Gas (fair usage, up to 1500 euro for house)

6500 for all other rooms

Payable as follows
4500 now or 5500 now if ensuite
1500 November 1st
1000 January 1st

Preference given to anyone willing to pay all in advance

For Elm Park? :joy:

Some disgrace. 80 a week was the going rate not so long ago :nauseated_face:Elm Park is some kip

I lived in Elm Park in 2013/14, I paid 60 a week. They are the worst of all houses around UL, universally made of cardboard.

5500 up front is fucking scandalous, itā€™s a shithole. College Court is so much better.

One of the lads lived in one of those converted garages out there for a year. You could see your breath there in the winter even with the heat on and everything he owned was damp. Thereā€™d be slugs on the walls there in the mornings as well :grinning:

ā‚¬20k a year for a 3 bedhouse. Youā€™d probably buy it for ā‚¬180k. Some return.
Worse case scenario the students would knock it down and do you a favour.

I live in a really nice place on SCR at the moment and I pay less than half that! Youā€™d be fucking mad to pay it, surely people wouldnā€™t be reduced to that.

have you factored in the Revenue liability there?

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™ve considered it in my calculations.

so youre charging around 500 per night?

nie work if you can get it

That must include the ride from one of the ones upstairs?

2 Likes

A place in Ranelagh the other day on Daft. A bunk bed in a room, ā€œperfect for two friendsā€. ā‚¬1,500/month. Dirty rotten thieving scum. I canā€™t wait to get out of that kip of a city for good.

Its gone insane the last few months. Whats the fix though

Itā€™s a money making machine.

I know an actuary whoā€™s a contractor and set himself up as a sole trader (like all those RTƉ presenters). The chap takes two separate 4-month contracts every year and spends the other 2 blocks of 2 months going on extended vacations.

While heā€™s away he AirBnBs his 3-bed neat, quirky little cottage in D4 as a 2-bed and locks his own room so thereā€™s no depravity in there in his absence. He made ā‚¬24k for six weeks there during the summer which more than paid for his latest trip.

This may not have happened.

4 Likes

unreal

Would I do different if I were him? Nice earner there ā€¦ nice life.

What these multinational companies are willing to pay for short term lets around Dublin 2 and 4 is totally obscene. Just so Manuela and Torsten have somewhere comfortable to stay which is adjacent to the office when they come to deliver the 2-week compliance workshop in October.

Place is looking great @Bandage, hope you get the ā‚¬8k for it mate.

1 Like