Crazy Dublin Rents and House Prices

Sounds like he mugged that landlord right off :clap:

2 Likes

Good and proper. Better luck next time @mac, you cunt.

Can you imagine the terror of living in a place with a shared kitchen space and bog?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/student-halls-for-grown-ups-a-co-living-home-in-dublin-2-1.3650494%3Fmode=amp

I work with someone who lives in this place as it happens

Would the apartment owner be aware of the letting agent upping the rent for the new tenant ?

There isnā€™t really that significant amount of that stock in Ireland. Studios and 1 beds are a far bigger thing over in the US. There is also a chronic housing shortage in most major cities but middle income earners get better salaries and pay lower taxes than the equivalent in Ireland.

If the income moved that way in Ireland, the price of everything would be adjusted upward accordingly. I think we are an unmercifully greedy nation by and large.

You are dead right, we are greedy bunch of fuckers, if we can rip someone off we will and if you donā€™t you are looked at as if you are some sort of weirdo.

Iā€™ve not doubt they would. Iā€™ve another friend has to move out of his house in a month as if heā€™s there any longer her he gets a part 4 tenancy or some such. He has no doubt the rent will be jacked up for new tenants, Iā€™ve advised him to do the same thing.

Thatā€™s not a reason to throw him out

Nope, but the landlord can say he wants a relative to move in or some such. Thereā€™s no way to police it really, the regulation in the area is toothless.

If he refuses to move out he could live there rent free for the year it takes to come to the RTB. No way to police it. The regulations are toothless.

A year minimum. Especially if he actually had a case. Most of them have no case and just refuse to pay and still get away with it.

500 a month for what looks like a bed in the hall?

Hello,
One single room for rent in centrally located flat.
Recently refurbished bathroom and most mod cons.
Its a handy location with Merrion Square around the corner.
Its a three bedroom flat occupied by a gut and a girl in their mid 20s both interested in film and most things creativeā€¦ looking for someone similar to join the flat.
The flat is somewhat small and can be cold but if thats cool with you drop us a line with a bit about yourself and what your favorite film is and why.

looks nice and clean, my Favorite film is the shawshank redepmtion, let me have it

Twud be a step up from a park bench alright I suppose.

:joy: Oā€™Dublin

Might forward that one on to the Council to inspect.