Curious horsey phrases used by horsey people

Did Faugheen “hack up” in the first race? I used the term in The 51 due to the way he left the field for dead after the last. Was this a valid use of it?

I thought Red Sherlock jumped to his right a few times - at least he did until he got a bump from that Gigginstown horse. I think they should switch him to a right handed course for his next outing.

• [insert horse’s name] could bounce.

Anyone?

[quote=“Bandage, post: 915753, member: 9”]- [insert horse’s name] could bounce.

Anyone?[/quote]
See Our Conor

Ruby comming across as a heartless cunt this morning declaring that “horses dont have families”

Cheltenham is ‘the jump Olympics’

‘I am pleased for the horse’
Often to be heard by jockey/connections after a horse has won. Often said horse has been much maligned and maybe his critics felt he had something to prove.
Example Dynaste, Ryanair Chase

[quote=“Lazarus, post: 916064, member: 286”]‘I am pleased for the horse’
Often to be heard by jockey/connections after a horse has won. Often said horse has been much maligned and maybe his critics felt he had something to prove.
Example Dynaste, Ryanair Chase[/quote]

:smiley: that’s definitely the best one so far

Fenway park is a legend.

“Hes a little bit innocent but he has an engine”
Barry Geraghty is very good at this game

@Mac laid Annie Power today. Not for a lot of money, mind. Fair play to him, it seems to have cheered him right up anyway.

ok, ok, this is fucking too much now
Paul Nicholls ( well known horse “trainer”) just said one of his horses who “retired” today was " a very, very honest fella"…now all jokes aside , this is fucking insane, eerie in fact.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 916222, member: 367”]ok, ok, this is fucking too much now
Paul Nicholls ( well known horse “trainer”) just said one of his horses who “retired” today was " a very, very honest fella"…now all jokes aside , this is fucking insane, eerie in fact.[/quote]
Can we get a list of dishonest horses?

maybe @fenwaypark can enlighten us

I’ve heard mention of a horse stealing a gallop, must be what they’re referring to

Waterford Crystal would certainly be one, given how he* cheated at the Olympics behind Cian O’Connor’s back.

*it

[quote=“Sidney, post: 916241, member: 183”]Waterford Crystal would certainly be one, given how he* cheated at the Olympics behind Cian O’Connor’s back.

*it[/quote]
:smiley:

Ruby on about some horse “that just chinned” another horse below in Killarney. Surely the offending animal should serve a ban for this thuggish behaviour or are there any rules in this game at ll.

Trainer there said his horse “had become a man” since his last race. Don’t know what to say about that.

Yup Yup Yup Yeeeart