Curious horsey phrases used by horsey people

@Lazarus is talking through his pocket

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1066178, member: 9”]“An absolute pig of a horse”. Used by @thedancingbaby on 04/01/2015 in reference to some horse or other.[/QUOTE]
He was right too. Think Mario Balotelli for effort.

Ted reckons “the aul horse forgot to put out his legs on landing there” Jaysus horses are dumb animals all the same

@Mac mentioned a horse that won doing handstands yesterday or the day before.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1048771, member: 9”]@Mac talking about some horse potentially winning “doing handstands” and some other horse looking like a “monster” on 22/11/2014 on The Sport of Kings and Equine matters thread.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1075919, member: 9”]@Mac mentioned a horse that won doing handstands yesterday or the day before.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

“Carlingford Lough is an oul knacker of a horse…” - @Mac on 09/02/2015 on The Sport of Kings and Equine Matters thread.

"Hurricane Fly broke Peddlers Cross’s heart and the latter was never the same again"
That Hurricane Fly bastard

The Fly “will be carried out on his shield”.

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1104879, member: 193”]The Fly “will be carried out on his shield”.[/QUOTE]

Not really a horsey phrase though.

@SandymountRed lamenting that a horse was “done for toe coming around the bend” just now.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1105735, member: 9”]@SandymountRed lamenting that a horse was “done for toe coming around the bend” just now.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling that might warrant an entry here:)

A work colleague mentioned that a horse had “jumped its shadow” earlier this week.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1105766, member: 686”]A work colleague mentioned that a horse had “jumped its shadow” earlier this week.[/QUOTE]
He’s some clown, didn’t he know it was the shadow of a fence he jumped.

[QUOTE=“myboyblue, post: 1105767, member: 180”]He’s some clown, didn’t he know it was the shadow of a fence he jumped.[/QUOTE]

He was from Donegal, I may have misquoted him.

[QUOTE=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 1105769, member: 686”]He was from Donegal, I may have misquoted him.[/QUOTE]
You did well to understand him at all.

“A precautionary entry”

Now I’ve made a few of these the morning after myself, but the context the horsey set are using has me thrown.

“He’d a lot of horse under him.”

Presumably this is as opposed to the other jockeys who have a 50/50 horse polyester blend.

Ted was telling us the other evening g after a race that “the winner was in the van passing the stand there first time around”

Aidan o Brien was saying “look, listen” a lot when being interviewed in Goodwood during the week. Aidan tends to say “look,listen” before responding to questions posed to him. He demands a lot of attention when being interviewed.

He called one of his horses “Listen”