Customer Service Experiences - Good & Bad

Nothing is springing to mind, mate.

Well played Bandage. She fucked up and you had every right to act the cunt if you felt like it but you remained decent throughout. You’re a credit to your parents.

Are any of you cunts going to name names? The only two I’ve seen sing have mentioned the Weatherspoons in Blackrock and some kip in Manchester.

I’m highly unlikely ever to go into either.

The other guys need to tell us the names of theses places, starting with the OP.

In terms of good customer experience - marks and spencer customer training seems top notch - staff always helpful especially in the groceries section

Contrast with dunnes stores where check out people don’t even stop their conversations about their weekend plans when serving you

[QUOTE=“dancarter, post: 1082756, member: 122”]I had the worst customer service experience of my life in a popular Dublin hotel a few years back. May have posted about it before.

Work night out. 12 of us having a few pre drinks before dinner. Card behind bar.

I went to bar and ordered a full round including 4 pints of Guinness. They said we will bring to the table. Waiter made two trips with the drinks and we noted we were one Guinness short. He went up to the bar to check and came back and said no I brought all 12 drinks. He then accused one of my colleagues of chopping his Guinness in between his trips to the bar for our round.

No way was he backing down. We went from laughing at the situation to absolutely seething and told him get the manager. The manager duly arrived. Listened to the story. Said get the lads a Guinness and apologised. He all but kicked the waiter in the bollocks in front of us for being such a fucking eejit[/QUOTE]
chopping a Guinness??..fookin rugger bugger speak!

@Rocko[/USER], [USER=1074]@Sandymount Red[/USER] - I’m pulling a [USER=122]@dancarter on it and not naming the establishment because there’s a final piece to the jigsaw.

The waitress must have fessed up to the manager or front of house person to the manager or manager to the owner or whoever to whoever.

The next afternoon the girl who made the booking received another call - this time from the owner. She said he was very apologetic and seemed sincere. He said he was mortified about what happened and invited us back for a complementary/complimentary lunch as a group or in pairs or individuals or whatever suited.

He also wanted to return our tip and asked her for email addresses for me and the other chap who strolled back to the restaurant so he could apologise to us too.

I thought he handled it very well indeed.

@balbec[/USER], [USER=6]@briantinnion - I usually wait until everything is settled and change given etc but there’s odd occasions when you’re late for your next port of call or the staff are very busy and you’ve been waiting for ages for the bill in the first place. On such times if I’m not paying by card and I have the cash handy that covers both bill and tip then I’ll leave it on the table and head on. I might have to revisit this practice.

the last thing the poor girl needed was an earful of half chewed onion ring and garlic sauce…

1 Like

@Bandage, as good and all as that story is, if had put all the pieces of the whole thing in one post, it would have made for one utterly boring anecdote. You need new material pal. Here you are talking about going to a restaurant with couples, paying, some confusion over the bill, asked to come back to sort it out, it gets sorted out, and then getting a free lunch out of it.

What happened to you bro?

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1082872, member: 112”]@Bandage, as good and all as that story is, if had put all the pieces of the whole thing in one post, it would have made for one utterly boring anecdote. You need new material pal. Here you are talking about going to a restaurant with couples, paying, some confusion over the bill, asked to come back to sort it out, it gets sorted out, and then getting a free lunch out of it.

What happened to you bro?[/QUOTE]
Remember in Generation Kill when Ray tells the reporter that the whole war was down to a lack of pussy? And if the Iraqi lads were getting pussy they’d be all mellow and shit…Bandage is the Iraqi army getting laid.

[QUOTE=“Gman, post: 1082872, member: 112”]@Bandage, as good and all as that story is, if had put all the pieces of the whole thing in one post, it would have made for one utterly boring anecdote. You need new material pal. Here you are talking about going to a restaurant with couples, paying, some confusion over the bill, asked to come back to sort it out, it gets sorted out, and then getting a free lunch out of it.

Some transformation from the lad who spent his time creeping around outside the ladies jacks in coppers

The Ambassador Hotel in Cork and The River Court Hotel in KK have outstanding customer service
we were meant to head down a few weekends ago to the ambassador and were booked in fri and sat nite
by 7pm fri nite himself kicked off as he didnt fancy the journey from North Kildare to Cork, i called them around 8pm, well after cancellation time but they refunded us the cost of the room for the night, we went off down sat anyway, yer woman in the reception knew we had a bit of trouble getting him to sleep and were knackered that nite, missed dinner in the bar, etc…anyway we’re both in the room at 11pm, im watching MOTD, there’s a knock on the door, the night porter with tea and a few buiscuits and ham sandwiches…on the house, utterly sound…
in KK, the staff and clientele were fantastic when we stopped there one sunday, a couple even let us sit next to the fire…
irish people*:clap:

*outside dublin and North Kildare

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1082861, member: 2272”]In terms of good customer experience - marks and spencer customer training seems top notch - staff always helpful especially in the groceries section

Contrast with dunnes stores where check out people don’t even stop their conversations about their weekend plans when serving you[/QUOTE]

wtf? how much help do you need from staff in a groceries section? how often do you need it? it seems quite a regular occurance

Gees, pal. I only broke it down to see how people would have reacted at various stages of the incident. Being rung up by a restaurant and accused of not paying your bill certainly isn’t a boring anecdote by TFK standards, you cunt.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1082907, member: 367”]The Ambassador Hotel in Cork and The River Court Hotel in KK have outstanding customer service
we were meant to head down a few weekends ago to the ambassador and were booked in fri and sat nite
by 7pm fri nite himself kicked off as he didnt fancy the journey from North Kildare to Cork, i called them around 8pm, well after cancellation time but they refunded us the cost of the room for the night, we went off down sat anyway, yer woman in the reception knew we had a bit of trouble getting him to sleep and were knackered that nite, missed dinner in the bar, etc…anyway we’re both in the room at 11pm, im watching MOTD, there’s a knock on the door, the night porter with tea and a few buiscuits and ham sandwiches…on the house, utterly sound…
in KK, the staff and clientele were fantastic when we stopped there one sunday, a couple even let us sit next to the fire…
irish people*:clap:

*outside dublin and North Kildare[/QUOTE]

Was the stay in the Ambassador before or after this happened?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/couple-left-heartbroken-as-hotel-cancels-wedding-renewal-due-to-take-place-today-30873262.html

[QUOTE=“Mac, post: 1082963, member: 109”]Was the stay in the Ambassador before or after this happened?

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/couple-left-heartbroken-as-hotel-cancels-wedding-renewal-due-to-take-place-today-30873262.html[/QUOTE]

after. and i was aware of these circumstances before making my reservation
The Ambassador caters well for a certain level of class and decorum

If you are already lowering yourself to the average TFK standards like Horsebox and gola, then you have lost pal. You are better than that.

I will judge an establishment’s service against its price range initially and give a pass on certain things if its mid range. For example an average bar had reopened in west Dublin now serving food. I asked for an espresso after my meal. The waitresss seemed hesitant but then confirmed ‘yes we do expressos’ and returned with a black coffee in a normal cup. Up to that though, service had been excellent so I didn’t mention it and left a tip.

However when dining in Bon Appetit in Malahide one Sunday lunchtime the service was absolutely shit, waiting ages on food, trying to force mineral water and bread on the table and even when refused it was added to the bill at the end. For a Michelin star restaurant it was deplorable and I never went again.

I was in a group of 6 eating in a Greek restaurant in North Harrow years ago. Being a group of gentlemen we paid separately. I paid first and to my delight the cashier undercharged me significantly. I paid up and left the restaurant as quick as I could and legged it down the Pinner Road. Unfortunately by punter no6 the cashier had realised her mistake and she called the chef who grabbed punter no6 (Pat Treacy) and held him with a knife to his throat until punter no5 ( Rory Bannon) was sent out to chase me down and come back and pay my share. The chef would not accept payment from any other party and required my presence tout suite.

I came back and paid up but I really thought it left a lot to be desired on the customer service front and neither I nor Pat nor Rory ever darkened the establishments door ever again.

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1082995, member: 706”]I was in a group of 6 eating in a Greek restaurant in North Harrow years ago. Being a group of gentlemen we paid separately. I paid first and to my delight the cashier undercharged me significantly. I paid up and left the restaurant as quick as I could and legged it down the Pinner Road. Unfortunately by punter no6 the cashier had realised her mistake and she called the chef who grabbed punter no6 (Pat Treacy) and held him with a knife to his throat until punter no5 ( Rory Bannon) was sent out to chase me down and come back and pay my share. The chef would not accept payment from any other party and required my presence tout suite.

I came back and paid up but I really thought it left a lot to be desired on the customer service front and neither I nor Pat nor Rory ever darkened the establishments door ever again.[/QUOTE]
What restaurant would want customers that rob their friends?

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1082995, member: 706”]I was in a group of 6 eating in a Greek restaurant in North Harrow years ago. Being a group of gentlemen we paid separately. I paid first and to my delight the cashier undercharged me significantly. I paid up and left the restaurant as quick as I could and legged it down the Pinner Road. Unfortunately by punter no6 the cashier had realised her mistake and she called the chef who grabbed punter no6 (Pat Treacy) and held him with a knife to his throat until punter no5 ( Rory Bannon) was sent out to chase me down and come back and pay my share. The chef would not accept payment from any other party and required my presence tout suite.

I came back and paid up but I really thought it left a lot to be desired on the customer service front and neither I nor Pat nor Rory ever darkened the establishments door ever again.[/QUOTE]

fuckin Pat Treacy - never 1 to help out a mate