Customer Service Experiences - Good & Bad

Establishment: D Hotel Drogheda
Occasion: Early breakfast buffet on morning after Christmas party
Customer Service: Spiteful and shameful
Reason: I was still well oiled from the night before and was in a rush home to watch sport on tv but wanted to get some breakfast before departing. To save time I avoided uses tongs on offer to get my bacon/sausage/hash browns for my Ulster fry. Instead I chose to use my hands as this meant I could get sufficient quantity on my plate in minimum time. Manager came over to my table once I sat down and told me he had to throw out all the food on offer due to my unhygienic method. I apologised (which I now regret) and did not enjoy the remainder of my breakfast. I have never returned.

[QUOTE=“Raymond Crotty, post: 1083008, member: 25”]Establishment: D Hotel Drogheda
Reason: I was still well oiled from the night before and was in a rush home to watch sport on tv but wanted to get some breakfast before departing. To save time I avoided uses tongs on offer to get my bacon/sausage/hash browns for my Ulster fry. Instead I chose to use my hands as this meant I could get sufficient quantity on my plate in minimum time. Manager came over to my table once I sat down and told me he had to throw out all the food on offer due to my unhygienic method. I apologised (which I now regret) and did not enjoy the remainder of my breakfast. I have never returned.[/QUOTE]
In fairness he should have just thrown out all the food and said nothing to you.

[QUOTE=“Raymond Crotty, post: 1083008, member: 25”]Establishment: D Hotel Drogheda
Reason: I was still well oiled from the night before and was in a rush home to watch sport on tv but wanted to get some breakfast before departing. To save time I avoided uses tongs on offer to get my bacon/sausage/hash browns for my Ulster fry. Instead I chose to use my hands as this meant I could get sufficient quantity on my plate in minimum time. Manager came over to my table once I sat down and told me he had to throw out all the food on offer due to my unhygienic method. I apologised (which I now regret) and did not enjoy the remainder of my breakfast. I have never returned.[/QUOTE]
Filthy behaviour. Fucking hell.

Ah I think he was within his rights. You couldnt even be sure someone who did that would wash his hands.

You should have offered to take it off his hands if he was throwing it out.

I’ve lost all respect for you after that you disgusting fuck. Staying in a hotel in drogheda. What kind of sick bastard does that?

Fair enough pal. All I know for a fact here is we’re only getting one side of a rather dull story

Okay, point taken and I should aspire to greater standards. I felt it was an interesting tale though. In fact I still do and I’ll fight anyone who says it was boring.

@Fagan ODowd already smashed your story with his tale of leaving a restaurant and an error in the billing. just leave it go.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Fagan ODowd, post: 1082995, member: 706”]I was in a group of 6 eating in a Greek restaurant in North Harrow years ago. Being a group of gentlemen we paid separately. I paid first and to my delight the cashier undercharged me significantly. I paid up and left the restaurant as quick as I could and legged it down the Pinner Road. Unfortunately by punter no6 the cashier had realised her mistake and she called the chef who grabbed punter no6 (Pat Treacy) and held him with a knife to his throat until punter no5 ( Rory Bannon) was sent out to chase me down and come back and pay my share. The chef would not accept payment from any other party and required my presence tout suite.

I came back and paid up but I really thought it left a lot to be desired on the customer service front and neither I nor Pat nor Rory ever darkened the establishments door ever again.[/QUOTE]

In my day if I was with a group of gentlemen, we would just divide the bill by six and leave it at that. Only women ever analyse bills to decide who spent what.

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1083145, member: 193”][/QUOTE]

In my day if I was with a group of gentlemen, we would just divide the bill by six and leave it at that. Only women ever analyse bills to decide who spent what.[/QUOTE]
Probably @Bandage has some wanker friend who ordered a steak costing twenty quid more than anyone else’s dinner and a couple of Middleton whiskies because he thought the bill would be divided 6 ways, you hardly expect Bandage to pay for that after all he had was the homemade chips?

[QUOTE=“balbec, post: 1083145, member: 193”][/QUOTE]

In my day if I was with a group of gentlemen, we would just divide the bill by six and leave it at that. Only women ever analyse bills to decide who spent what.[/QUOTE]
Well that was in your day. In my day that’s how we did it.

the way he dealt with a potentially explosive situation like that, shows what a cool, calm and collected customer Bandage is, no wonder he is highly successful in business and life

I’m sure it is also one of the reasons his little lady was attracted to the man in the first place. An all round good guy is our Bandage.

@Raymond Crotty you animal

@Raymond Crotty How did you find the customer service experience that time you were browsing in a clothes shop and picking up neatly folded clothes and holding them up to see if they’d fit and then putting them down a bit shabbily and wandering around the store for a few minutes, picking up various bits and pieces from the neat piles, getting some strange reactions from the other customers, before finally approaching the sales assistant to enquire about different sizes available for a t-shirt that took your fancy at which point you were politely but sternly informed that you were in fact in a launderette and those other customers were in fact the owners of said clothes? How was the customer service experience in that establishment? Do you think they were friendly enough in explaining your error?

Everything is relative, cheese. Crotty’s behaviour would be seen as exemplary in the hellhole of hygiene he was brought up in.

:smiley:

I’m currently engaged in an ongoing battle with Aer Lingus customer service. A shockingly incompetent bunch of cunts.

Fine thing.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/woman-humiliated-by-bus-driver-awarded-10-500-1.2175394

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1123561, member: 289”]Fine thing.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/woman-humiliated-by-bus-driver-awarded-10-500-1.2175394[/QUOTE]
The bus driver really gave her the cold shoulder.