Customer Service Experiences - Good & Bad

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1123561, member: 289”]Fine thing.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/woman-humiliated-by-bus-driver-awarded-10-500-1.2175394[/QUOTE]

There are some ignorant cunts driving those buses. Ask them how much a fare is and they’ll nearly fuck you off the bus

This is a quite entertaining thread to read back on.

+1 some excellent stories there.

On the subject of Aer Lingus i must admit i have only ever had positive dealings with them. I agreed to get off a plane one time for them as they were overbooked and were asking every customer if anyone would like to stay behind for a night. I was in no hurry and could spare the day. They put me up in a hotel and sent me a cheque for €250 for my troubles as well, flight out was about 12hrs later. They had mentioned nothing of the financial prize on offer when seeking volunteers, so i was pleasantly surprised. With hindsight i think maybe i could have got a lot more out of them. Surely they would have ceded to €500 for my troubles given their eagerness to avoid any bad publicity for their error.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1123595, member: 2269”]+1 some excellent stories there.

On the subject of Aer Lingus i must admit i have only ever had positive dealings with them. I agreed to get off a plane one time for them as they were overbooked and were asking every customer if anyone would like to stay behind for a night. I was in no hurry and could spare the day. They put me up in a hotel and sent me a cheque for €250 for my troubles as well, flight out was about 12hrs later. They had mentioned nothing of the financial prize on offer when seeking volunteers, so i was pleasantly surprised. With hindsight i think maybe i could have got a lot more out of them. Surely they would have ceded to €500 for my troubles given their eagerness to avoid any bad publicity for their error.[/QUOTE]thats pretty much what you’re entitled to anyway, so it’s hardly out of the goodness of their hearts

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1123595, member: 2269”]+1 some excellent stories there.

On the subject of Aer Lingus i must admit i have only ever had positive dealings with them. I agreed to get off a plane one time for them as they were overbooked and were asking every customer if anyone would like to stay behind for a night. I was in no hurry and could spare the day. They put me up in a hotel and sent me a cheque for €250 for my troubles as well, flight out was about 12hrs later. They had mentioned nothing of the financial prize on offer when seeking volunteers, so i was pleasantly surprised. With hindsight i think maybe i could have got a lot more out of them. Surely they would have ceded to €500 for my troubles given their eagerness to avoid any bad publicity for their error.[/QUOTE]

I had a terrible experience with them recently that is far too boring to go into detail on, suffice to say ineptitude was the order of the day.

All you’re entitled to is a kick up the arse. They are not obliged to give me 250 yoyo’s for willingly getting off a plane of my own freewill.

hate to rain on your parade but somebody would have been denied boarding and they would have been entitled to the 250 yoyos

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l24173_en.htm

My customer service expectation is always proportional to the rate I pay.

So if you were buying a penny sweet you’d accept the server spitting in your face?

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1123608, member: 179”]hate to rain on your parade but somebody would have been denied boarding and they would have been entitled to the 250 yoyos

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/consumers/protection_of_consumers/l24173_en.htm[/QUOTE]

Fair enough you are a lawman i will bow to your superior knowledge. All i’m saying is i got off voluntarily and they never mentioned the rewards until afterwards (i did expect something but was surprised the package was as good as it was). I found them very professional and courteous in how they dealt with it.

Go on, it’s the 2nd time you’ve mentioned it, you’re obviously mad to tell the story so share it with us and we will decide whether it’s boring or not.

What is the nature of your grievance, julio

On the subject of Aer Lingus i must admit i have only ever had positive dealings with them. I agreed to get off a plane one time for them as they were overbooked and were asking every customer if anyone would like to stay behind for a night. I was in no hurry and could spare the day. They put me up in a hotel and sent me a cheque for €250 for my troubles as well, flight out was about 12hrs later. They had mentioned nothing of the financial prize on offer when seeking volunteers, so i was pleasantly surprised. With hindsight i think maybe i could have got a lot more out of them. Surely they would have ceded to €500 for my troubles given their eagerness to avoid any bad publicity for their error.[/QUOTE]
A girl I know got the same treatment from air Canada. Except it was 500 a night plus put up in a 4 star hotel each night and bumped to first class on the next flight. She stayed back 3 days in a row and went off for the summer with an extra 1500.

this never happened

Ruth lied? :eek:

Many give out terribly about Three broadband support but I find them excellent. You see I have excellent rapport with the Indian folk and I find that they are more than helpful once you can cut across the cultural barriers. I had a recent issue with a modem and I opened with some brief small talk on the Cricket world cup along with some banal comments on the weather in Mumbai. Manuel or whatever the fuck his name was, sorted my issue in jig time and couldn’t do enough for me.

good stuff, Just want to make sure you’re aware of your rights and dont get shafted

It’s rare to get one who says thanks. Seems to be the culture.

That said I know a bus driver. He said that the amount of people who try to freeload on the bus is crazy. Most drivers couldn’t be bothered but he seeks them out.

This is weird. I was sitting on the toilet there 5mins ago and was thinking of any examples i have of companies that have doled out bad customer service experience to me. And Three the mobile folk came in at the top of the list. I remember they had me absolutely seething there a few years ago over something very trivial and in the end the cost of the various phone calls with waiting time i made to them ended up being more than my original grievance. Will never go back to those donkeys again.

A recent bad experience i had is with Corals bookmakers. I placed a few bets with them on GAA matches a few weeks ago, it was a €20 mug bet which if it all clicked came to €20k or so. Anyway after i placed the bet i was reading through their terms and conditions and was aghast and disturbed that it stated the max they will pay on a GAA bet is €10k. Now even knowing it was a long shot that it would come in, but still if it did i’d be seething that they capped me at €10k knowing i should be getting €20k, i decided to contact them to ask if they would void the bet. I would have placed it with Paddy Powers who quite reasonably will pay up to €1million on GAA, which seems more sensible. After having to explain my reasons for my wish, they refused to accomodate me. I even asked to speak to the chaps supervisor but got the same refusal. Greedy cunts. All for a €20 hail mary bet with them. I made all kinds of threats that i would go on social media and expose them but it was all bluster from me and i didn’t go that far. But here i am now warning you guys about these rats, tread carefully with them.

This is true for most support teams kp. You just got to convey a bit of personality and people will always respond positively.