Daily Debate - Joe Canning v Seamus Callanan

Yes, two teams who got out of Leinster last year

Ooft

Headshot

Listen, I’ve already exposed @maroonandwhite on this. Go easy on the chap. Joe Canning cried off after a shoulder vs Tipp in 2016; Callanan at least had the balls to stay on after a spear tackle

Callanan wouldn’t make it as a centre back, so it has to be Joe for me

Kinda apples and oranges, lately anyway.

Callanan is class. No better man to make to run and be in the right place. Savage consistent now too.

Joe has been under pressure since he was 16 to deliver. Get the ball into Joe, and when the ball doesn’t come into Joe… Bring Joe out to get the ball. That oaf McIntyre made a mockery of him. He been on teams where every cunt around him throws in the towel and expects him to do it alone.

Joe > Callanan but I’d have Callanan on my team any day at FF.

5 Likes

Spear tackling, he dragged him down no need to get all emotional. And he had a penalty to get more than three goals but he funked it.

Callanan likes the easy going against the likes of Padraig mannion who just tried to hurl. Hanbury, daithi and even gearoid in the league a few weeks ago, different story. When the going got tough he was nowhere to be seen.

Nice to see a post from a Galway poster acknowledging Callanan and not resorting to bile

Joe got roasted by Joey Holden mate

Laois didnt get out of leinster. Godhelpus

When was this?

Up to then I wasn’t even sure if Holden could roast a chicken

Twas much worse than Kelly’s pull on Canning, which again was a bad challenge

What did McIntyre do to him again?

Did he lift Callanan above 180 and drive him into the ground? Did he fuck he just dragged him down. Spear tackle my hole

2016 Leinster Final.

He also marked him in the 2015 Leinster and All Ireland final and kept him fairly quiet on both occasions

Would you put Joe into the current Tipp forward line mate?

Cc @Thomas_Brady

He could have killed Seamie, then you have this lad mocking Seamie for missing a penalty after getting concussed by a spear tackle

Callanan has never done it in a tight game for tipp. He always bottles it. When tipp are on song he’s great but when players around him are having an off day he’ll really pull them through. Canning on the other hand carries Galway almost single handily.

1 Like

They got to the All Ireland series, ergo out of Leinster. Isn’t that right @myboyblue